Author Topic: Rod Dreher: Why Doth The Bigot Resent?  (Read 83 times)

Offline Kamaji

Rod Dreher: Why Doth The Bigot Resent?
« on: April 11, 2022, 11:56:36 am »
Why Doth The Bigot Resent?

By Rod Dreher
April 10, 2022

Long day on the road from the Sihăstria Putnei monastery at the base of Romania’s Carpathian mountain range, just south of the Ukraine border.  Am in Cluj tonight (or, for you Hungarians, Kolosvar).  I have so much good news to tell you about what I saw and heard at the monastery, but I’m going to have to first transcribe these interviews.  Too exhausted tonight.  But you know I can’t let this next bit pass before I zonk out.

Four certified New York Times lefties are freaking out because Self cannot get on board the groomer train.  Excerpts from “Four Opinion Writers On How The GOP Fringe Took Over American Politics” to follow, but first, isn’t it obvious that if any faction has “taken over American politics,” they might not be a fringe?  On the other hand, trans people are a fairly tiny percentage of the US population, but thanks to having become religious icons for the elites (like, say, NYT opinion writers), they and their concerns have taken over American cultural politics.  Anyway, look, here’s Ezra Klein’s framing:

And so if you can create the next culture-war kernel by passing a really brutal piece of legislation — and these are brutal pieces of legislation that will hurt a lot of very just ordinary kids who need some help — then you can catapult to the center of the national debate.

“Just ordinary kids who need some help” — yeah, help deceiving their parents, who would like to know that they consider themselves to be a different sex, and are lining themselves up to take hormones and maybe even get their breasts lopped off. Really amazing the way Ezra frames this — as if there were no possible valid objections to any of this.

Here’s Jane Coaston:

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/why-doth-the-bigot-resent-lgbt-culture-war/