Author Topic: Production Of The V-22 Osprey Is Ending. The Pentagon Needs To Be Sure It Has Bought Enough.  (Read 143 times)

rebewranger

Production Of The V-22 Osprey Is Ending. The Pentagon Needs To Be Sure It Has Bought Enough.
Loren Thompson Senior Contributor
 Apr 8, 2022,10:44am EDT

Production of the most revolutionary rotorcraft in the U.S. joint fleet is winding down.

With nearly all of the 481 V-22 Osprey tiltrotors in the program of record now ordered or about to be, the Bell-Boeing team that builds the aircraft expects new production to cease sometime in the next several years.

After getting off to a rocky start during the closing days of the Cold War—Dick Cheney repeatedly tried to kill it during his four-year tenure as defense secretary—Osprey went on to become the most versatile rotorcraft in history.

I say “rotorcraft” because V-22 isn’t a helicopter in the conventional sense.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2022/04/08/production-of-the-v-22-osprey-is-ending-the-pentagon-needs-to-be-sure-it-has-bought-enough/?sh=7565223cad9e
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 11:54:37 am by rangerrebew »

rebewranger

F-35  22222frying pan, V-22 22222frying pan, troops  22222frying pan, tanks  22222frying pan, ships  22222frying pan

Do I see a pattern? :yowsa:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
F-35  22222frying pan, V-22 22222frying pan, troops  22222frying pan, tanks  22222frying pan, ships  22222frying pan

Do I see a pattern? :yowsa:
They tried to 'get' the A-10 too
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis