Author Topic: I Learn Something New Every Day By Clarice Feldman  (Read 96 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I Learn Something New Every Day By Clarice Feldman
« on: April 10, 2022, 01:46:16 pm »
April 10, 2022
I Learn Something New Every Day
By Clarice Feldman

Last week I learned from a neighbor that Donald Trump deliberately allowed the Biden-Harris ticket to win the 2020 election so they could destroy the  Democrats with stupid policies. I also learned that only a biologist can define a woman from the now confirmed nominee for a not-yet-vacant seat on the Supreme Court who was selected by President Biden because she was a Black woman. (Maybe he had a biologist on his staff to help him decide this.)  Speaking of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, I remembered that once again Democrats, including Biden, have taken credit for minority appointments after having dashed the prospects for those made by Republicans.

While Biden was on the[Senate Judiciary]committee in November 2003,[Janice Rogers ] Brown was nominated to the D.C. Circuit. She was met with a filibuster, garnering only 53 of the 60 votes needed to overcome that. Biden was among the senators that filibustered Brown and other Bush-appointed nominees from 2003 to 2005.

A group called the Gang of 14, a group of 14 senators which included Biden, negotiated the end of that two-year filibuster in 2005.

It wasn't until June of 2005 that Brown was confirmed by the Senate, becoming the second Black woman to serve as D.C. Circuit judge. Biden voted against her nomination.

A month after Brown's confirmation, her name was floated for a Supreme Court vacancy.

Biden said on CBS' Face the Nation in July 2005 that he would not support a Brown nomination to the nation's highest court: "I can assure you that would be a very, very, very difficult fight and she probably would be filibustered."

I also learned that not for the first time Black nominees for office have exaggerated their struggles to reach top slots. Don Surber writes:

Ketanji Jackson became a justice on Friday. She said, "In my family, it took just one generation to go from segregation to the Supreme Court of the United States."

Baloney.

She was born in 1970, 6 years after segregation was outlawed. Thurgood Marshall was already on the Supreme Court when she was born. Affirmative action cleared the way for her to attend Harvard and Harvard Law. The color line was broken before she was born and the sex barrier when she was 10.

Jackson is an elitist trying to steal the valor of those who struggled for freedom.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/04/i_learn_something_new_every_day.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34