Author Topic: Hurricane forecast: Meteorologists predict busy 2022 season, strong storms  (Read 150 times)

rebewranger

Hurricane forecast: Meteorologists predict busy 2022 season, strong storms
Alix Martichoux, Nexstar Media Wire - 8h ago

(NEXSTAR) – In their outlook for the 2022 hurricane season, meteorologists at Colorado State University predict a busier-than-average storm season with more named hurricanes than usual.

Hurricane forecast: Meteorologists predict busy 2022 season, strong storms
The university’s forecast, released Thursday, calls for 19 named storms this year.

Strong tropical storms get names to reduce confusion and help meteorologists communicate each storm’s danger to the public, according to the National Hurricane Center. Between 1991 and 2020, there were 14 named storms per year on average, according to CSU.

A tropical storm gets a name when its wind speeds surpass 39 mph. When winds top 74 mph, the storm becomes a hurricane but retains its name.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/hurricane-forecast-meteorologists-predict-busy-2022-season-strong-storms/ar-AAW20k5?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3b598e9ba4d74648b7628ade7d399c2f

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Seems like Hurricane Season just ended.... 9999hair out0000

Not a true barometer of things to come, but it seems when we have relatively dry winters around the NW Gulf, it is a harbringer of an active season in our parts. '95,  '05, and '08 come to mind.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 05:40:29 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

I have read reports that FL will be hurricane alley this year; especially the west coast (sigh).

I love FL. We've had to dodge a couple of major hurricanes and hopefully we won't have to this year.  Cat 4 and above, we're out of here. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.