Author Topic: Cancel Your Disney Vacation And Go To Dollywood Instead  (Read 145 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cancel Your Disney Vacation And Go To Dollywood Instead
« on: April 09, 2022, 03:12:18 pm »
Cancel Your Disney Vacation And Go To Dollywood Instead
By: Joy Pullmann
April 08, 2022

Our family ended up at Dollywood recently by happenstance. We were visiting family in Tennessee. The morning after we had arrived long past the children’s bedtime, we awoke groggily and sought coffee. Quickly provided this necessary brew by my attentive young second cousin, I turned to his mom and said, “Okay, what do you all want to do this week?” She exclaimed, “Let’s go to Dollywood!”

I hadn’t expected that, but we were here to spend happy time with them, and if that’s what they wanted, that’s what we wanted, too. So my cousin spent about an hour calling friends for advice about how best to do Dollywood, then putting together our day trip package.

I wasn’t sure what to expect. My husband and I wouldn’t describe ourselves as theme park people. In fact, I am terrified of rollercoasters; the classic country fair egg scrambler maxes out my ride capacity.

My husband isn’t that emotionally handicapped, but he’s a low-key, easy-please fellow. We mostly go on hikes in the woods or bike rides for family fun, that kind of thing. My idea of a great night out is going somewhere our 15 million (I mean, six) children won’t interrupt our conversation 70 billion times. Add some ice cream or coffee, and that’s my best life now.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/04/08/cancel-your-disney-vacation-and-go-to-dollywood-instead/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Cancel Your Disney Vacation And Go To Dollywood Instead
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 06:28:11 pm »
Keep in mind: Dolly Parton is probably just as liberal as most other entertainers these days. But she's always been much more gentle about her beliefs and respectful of those who don't necessarily share them. She's a perfect example of a woman who is a decent, respectable person even if she's not the same as we are politically.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 07:10:17 pm »
I always loved going to Coney Island
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 08:00:48 pm »
Keep in mind: Dolly Parton is probably just as liberal as most other entertainers these days. But she's always been much more gentle about her beliefs and respectful of those who don't necessarily share them. She's a perfect example of a woman who is a decent, respectable person even if she's not the same as we are politically.

That certainly seems to be the case.