Author Topic: Kevin McCarthy warns against impeaching Biden for ‘political purposes’  (Read 133 times)

Offline corbe

Kevin McCarthy warns against impeaching Biden for ‘political purposes’

BY EMILY BROOKS - 04/11/22 11:04 AM ET

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) declined to throw his support behind impeaching President Biden, a move that several of his House Republican colleagues have called for, warning against doing so for “political purposes.”

McCarthy vowed that Republicans will focus on “holding this administration accountable” if they win the House majority in the 2022 midterms, and he left the door open to impeachment if they find that laws were broken.

“One thing we learned that the Democrats did is they – they used impeachment for political reason,” McCarthy told Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo on Sunday after she asked if he would move to impeach Biden.

“We believe in the rule of law,” McCarthy continued. “We’re not going to pick and choose just because somebody has power. We’re going to uphold the law. At any time, if someone breaks the law and the ramification becomes impeachment, we would move towards that. But we’re not going to use it for political purposes.”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/news/house/3263967-kevin-mccarthy-warns-against-impeaching-biden-for-political-purposes/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Offline corbe

The Mc's (Connell and Carthy) are driving the Hearst that is the GOP, IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I actually agree with McSquish on this one.  The recent rash of Impeachments was obviously political, and the one on Clinton was also perceived that way.  I'll bet that was the case for Andrew Johnson, too.

Cyber Guarantee:  If an Impeachment or 25th Amendment action are seen as Partisan in any way, it's bound to fail (if the goal is a conviction, which I wonder of any of them were).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: