Author Topic: DHL Cargo Jet Splits In Half During Emergency Landing  (Read 285 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DHL Cargo Jet Splits In Half During Emergency Landing
« on: April 08, 2022, 06:48:07 pm »

Charlotte Hazard
Contributor
April 08, 2022 11:39 AM ET

An international airport in Costa Rica shut down Thursday after a DHL cargo jet snapped in half during an emergency landing.

The Boeing 757 left from Juan Santamaría Airport, but had to return after a malfunction in the hydraulic system, CBS reported. The plane was captured on video sliding off the runway and then splitting in half.

WATCH:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1512218727957372931

Red Cross worker Guido Vasquez told AFP that the pilots were sent to the hospital “for a medical checkup,” and both reportedly did not sustain injuries.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/04/08/dhl-cargo-jet-snaps-costa-rica/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: DHL Cargo Jet Splits In Half During Emergency Landing
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 07:08:56 pm »
Interesting.  Thanks.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 07:12:03 pm »
In this employment and manpower retention crisis, no one expects maintenance to suffer?

Not saying this is the cause at this point, but the first thing that popped into my mind.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 06:47:17 am »
I am not sure how much runway was left, but after a little digging through images, those engines do not appear to be in reverse thrust mode (it is hard to tell, the RB 211 engine reverse thrust panels are in the upper inboard quadrant of the engine).
There is considerable smoke emanating from the main landing gear (both sides) which may be the result of very aggressive braking, possibly resulting in failure of tires on the starboard main gear.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis