Author Topic: The Quislings Turn on Zelenskyy  (Read 232 times)

Online Hoodat

The Quislings Turn on Zelenskyy
« on: April 07, 2022, 05:39:50 pm »
The Quislings Turn on Zelenskyy

Emmett Tyrrell  |  Apr 07, 2022 12:01 AM

Washington
-- Well, now that Americans have had an opportunity to think about the war in Ukraine, cooler heads are coming to the fore. Or they think they are cooler heads. Last week, in Washington, there gathered a collection of cooler heads to consider what to do about the war. There was Sen. Rand Paul. There was the editor of the Federalist and TV commentator Mollie Hemingway. They are always worth listening to. Yet, in this war, evil men are doing evil to peaceful people. Much of the world has been roused against them. It is time for all the world to take a stand. I wish I could launch a witticism or two about them, but now is a time for sobriety. Atrocities committed in time of war and against civilians do not invite humor.

My British friend, Andrew Roberts, the Churchill biographer, spoke at a conference of conservatives in Brussels recently, and his remarks were reprinted in The Wall Street Journal over the weekend. He reminded the assembled that there are times when conservatives are duty-bound to stand out and speak up. Roberts was disappointed in his remarks by people like David Stockman, the budget director under President Ronald Reagan, who, by the way, had a spotty career with the Old Cowboy. In his own words, Reagan "took him to the woodshed" on at least one occasion. It is time for Stockman to return to the woodshed.  .  .

.  .  .  What did Stockman say of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy with other quislings presumably chiming in denouncing the Churchill of our time? Stockman said, "We were already getting sick and tired of this Zelenskyy clown." Clown! Stockman went on, "Zelenskyy should resign and make way for a collaborationist government that will sue for peace." Collaborationist! After all, Ukraine's present government is composed of "anti-Russian fascists and oligarchs." Stealing yet another line from President Vladimir Putin, Stockman added that Ukraine is not a real country and has no claim to sovereignty.

The language employed by Stockman has a Vichy-like quality to it -- for instance, "collaborationist" and when Stockman speaks of Putin's interest in territorial acquisition. Adolf Hitler used a more compact word, "Lebensraum."  .  .

https://townhall.com/columnists/emmetttyrrell/2022/04/07/the-quislings-turn-on-zelenskyy-n2605576

Borrowing Putin's own rhetoric while imploring Ukraine to surrender to the entity that is committing atrocities in its country is beyond pathetic.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: The Quislings Turn on Zelenskyy
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 05:43:02 pm »
"Quislings"?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 06:25:35 pm »
"I went to a fight today and a Topic broke out!"

888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 06:39:17 pm »
"Quislings"?

More proof of who  is the instigator of the flame baiting around here.   Citing and linking Town Hall Op-ed's ?  That's a real credibility booster I tell ya!!!!.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 06:45:02 pm »
What the world needs now is More Mopery.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 06:59:20 pm »
From the op-ed:

As I say, these quislings came out against Zelenskyy at a less than auspicious time for them. First, there was Zelenskyy's superb interview with Bret Baier on Fox News last week. Zelenskyy came across as reasonable and sympathetic, not beating his chest, only calling for that which he and his countrymen had earned. That is to say, a country free of Russian invaders and at peace with the world. Second came the revelations of the weekend. After Ukrainian troops pushed back the Russians in Bucha, a suburb of Kyiv, they found civilian corpses strewn throughout the city, most showing signs of having been tortured. There were landmines the Russians had hidden in homes and within the corpses. Women had been raped in front of their children. Men had been executed with their hands behind their backs. Instead of fighting their enemies, the Ukrainian military, the cowardly Russians committed crimes against humanity as they fled, but flee they did.

Two valid points here.  First, Zelenskyy did come across as reasonable and sympathetic, regardless of one's emotional perception of him.  And secondly, the timing.  After the revelations of serious war crimes committed by Russian troops coming to light, a more prudent approach for his dissenters would be to take a brief pause and reassess the situation for a greater source of outrage.  Failure to do so demonstrates an insensitivity that will prove fatal in the arena of public opinion.  Suing for peace with people committing these atrocities is not going to be a winning argument.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 09:38:44 pm »
denouncing the Churchill of our time
Hyperbole.  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org