Author Topic: Is Ukraine Really Any More Corrupt than We Are?  (Read 171 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Ukraine Really Any More Corrupt than We Are?
« on: April 07, 2022, 02:56:24 pm »
April 7, 2022
By Jerry Powlas

Among the talking heads discussing Ukraine, more than a few have said things like "Ukraine is very corrupt.  We don't need to get into that fight" and "We don't have a dog in that fight.   The corruption in Ukraine is massive."

But how corrupt are we?  I don't know much about corruption in Ukraine, but corruption in the United States is a glaring problem that just about every citizen who is paying attention would acknowledge.  Are we any better than Ukraine?  Maybe worse?

It is the nature of corruption in a culture that only a fraction — often a small fraction — of the people are corrupt.  Indeed, if a certain behavior is seen commonly among the people of a culture, it will not be considered corruption.  So if context is taken into account, it would be unfair to call that culture corrupt.

I contend that the average G.I. Ivan fighting in the rubble in the streets of his own country is probably not corrupt.  I would further contend that the elderly men who did not run for the Polish border, but rather picked up a rifle and joined Ivan in the bunker are not corrupt, either.  In fact, the men in the bunker are pretty brave and straight-up guys who have justly won the hearts of most of the rest of the world.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/04/is_ukraine_really_any_more_corrupt_than_we_are.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Is Ukraine Really Any More Corrupt than We Are?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 03:04:06 pm »
Well, we have a POTUS who has bragged about using his influence to get the prosecutor fired who was investigating the company who had his son on the BOD, even though  his son probably didn't know enough about oil and Gas to fill a thimble. He got into office by stealing a National Election. That's just a warm-up, nowhere near trying to sort out all the decades-entrenched corruption in the Congress, media, and various agencies.

Considering the Ukrainian Government under their current POTUS, who had no history of holding office, has only been going since 2019, I'd venture a guess that Ukraine is actually LESS corrupt than the US.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 06:12:26 pm »
Well, we have a POTUS who has bragged about using his influence to get the prosecutor fired who was investigating the company who had his son on the BOD, even though  his son probably didn't know enough about oil and Gas to fill a thimble. He got into office by stealing a National Election. That's just a warm-up, nowhere near trying to sort out all the decades-entrenched corruption in the Congress, media, and various agencies.

Considering the Ukrainian Government under their current POTUS, who had no history of holding office, has only been going since 2019, I'd venture a guess that Ukraine is actually LESS corrupt than the US.

:thumbsup:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 06:35:07 pm »
Yes.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 06:39:10 pm »

I don't see how it would be possible at this point.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 06:42:18 pm »
I don't see how it would be possible at this point.

Asking who is more corrupt is like contrasting Hitler and Stalin in population control.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 06:43:29 pm »
Ukraine only exists to give Democrats a place to launder their bribes.
The current "Save Ukraine!" frenzy among Democrats is all about their money.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 07:11:11 pm »
Asking who is more corrupt is like contrasting Hitler and Stalin in population control.

888high58888

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2022, 09:41:08 pm »
At least Ukraine is fighting to secure its borders.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-