Author Topic: Here are the six Republicans who voted against investigating Russia for war crimes  (Read 139 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Here are the six Republicans who voted against investigating Russia for war crimes
by Mychael Schnell - 04/07/22 8:29 AM ET

The House on Wednesday passed a bill that would direct President Biden to prepare a report on the government’s efforts to collect and examine evidence related to war crimes and other atrocities committed during Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

The bipartisan legislation passed the lower chamber in a 418-7 vote, with all those in opposition belonging to the Republican Party.

A spokesman for Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said the congresswoman mistakenly voted against the bill, and plans to tell the House clerk that she meant to vote in favor.

GOP Reps. Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Warren Davidson (Ohio), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Thomas Massie (Ky.) and Scott Perry (Pa.) all opposed the bill.

Wednesday’s vote was not the first time Biggs, Greene and Massie opposed legislation responding to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Last month the trio voted against a bill to revoke normal trade relations with Russia, along with five other Republicans. The eight GOP members in opposition of the legislation have all worked to maintain close ties to former President Trump and have frequently found themselves in the far-right wing of the Republican Party.

more
https://thehill.com/news/house/3261353-here-are-the-six-republicans-who-voted-against-investigating-russia-for-war-crimes/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 01:58:03 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

I don't question that Russia has committed war crimes, but why would it be our job - and not the world court or the UN - to investigate? Anyone know?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Lizzy....

You had one job...   Push the right button.

More fodder for her opponents to show why this bitch has no business in DC.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Could it be that Liz isn't very bright?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I don't question that Russia has committed war crimes, but why would it be our job - and not the world court or the UN - to investigate? Anyone know?

Kabuki theatre trying to show a faux sense of bipartisanhip.

Couldn't really find any reasoning from the others on social media on the positions of the others.  I am sure they have their reasons, but the optics aren't good.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.