Author Topic: Army General Fired, Loses a Star After 'Counterproductive' Leadership  (Read 120 times)

rebewranger

Army General Fired, Loses a Star After 'Counterproductive' Leadership

6 Apr 2022
Military.com | By Steve Beynon

One of the Army's top logistics officers was fired and demoted after an inspector general investigation found he conducted "counterproductive leadership behaviors," the service announced.

Maj. Gen. Duane Gamble, formerly a three-star general, was investigated over allegations of racist behavior during his time as deputy chief of staff for logistics, a position commonly referred to as the G-4.

That investigation found that Gamble did not discriminate on the basis of race, but he still received a general officer memorandum of reprimand, or GOMOR, over leadership issues, according to Cynthia Smith, an Army spokesperson. GOMORs are largely seen as automatic career killers for officers and are rarely handed out to top leadership. It's unclear whether Gamble will be able to retire at his previous three-star rank, which he earned in September 2019.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/04/06/army-general-fired-loses-star-after-counterproductive-leadership.html

rebewranger

Re: Army General Fired, Loses a Star After 'Counterproductive' Leadership
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 11:05:47 am »
He didn't engage in racist issues but was fired for sort of doing so?  It seems to me he was fired for something else that was "counterproductive," like refusing to go along with wokeism. ****slapping

Offline Kamaji

Re: Army General Fired, Loses a Star After 'Counterproductive' Leadership
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 11:28:13 am »
He didn't engage in racist issues but was fired for sort of doing so?  It seems to me he was fired for something else that was "counterproductive," like refusing to go along with wokeism. ****slapping

I was wondering about that.