Author Topic: Stacey Abrams Goes From Poor Politician to Multimillionaire by Losing an Election  (Read 92 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stacey Abrams Goes From Poor Politician to Multimillionaire by Losing an Election
By Alex Parker | Apr 05, 2022 11:15 PM ET

Sometimes, it pays to come in last. Just ask Stacey Abrams.

As the Democratic nominee, she took a shot at becoming Georgia’s governor in 2018.

Upon final count, she’d been bested by Republican Brian Kemp.

But why let a loss affect whether one wins? She simply refused to speak failure into existence.

“Is [Brian] the legitimate governor-elect of Georgia?” Jake Tapper asked her at the time.

She didn’t say yes:

“He is the person who won the adequate number of votes to become the governor. … Words have meaning. I spent my lifetime, not only as an attorney, but as a writer. And I’m careful of the words I choose. … He is the legal victor.”

more
https://redstate.com/alexparker/2022/04/05/stacey-abrams-goes-from-poor-politician-to-multimillionaire-by-losing-an-election-n546212
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Corruption and vigorish are the grifter's best friends.

Kemp criticized Abrams in 2018 for owing $54,000 to the IRS, self-employment taxes she didn’t pay on time. …

Abrams also had $96,000 in student loan debt and $83,000 in accumulated credit card debt in 2018. She only had a positive net worth because a publisher had paid a $150,000 advance on her first nonfiction book. In that book, “Minority Leader,” Abrams wrote that she borrowed at a time when “my understanding of personal finance barely scratched the surface.”

As she launches a second bid this year, [lackluster finances are] no longer an issue.

Abrams now says she’s worth $3.17 million, according to state disclosures filed in March. That’s compared with a net worth of $109,000 when she first ran four years ago.

Offline Kamaji