Author Topic: Surge of Chinese immigrants crossing border triggers national security concerns  (Read 68 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Surge of Chinese immigrants crossing border triggers national security concerns
By
Anna Giaritelli
April 23, 2024 3:46 pm
The number of Chinese citizens coming across the southern border from Mexico has skyrocketed to the fastest-growing demographic of illegal immigrants in recent months, triggering serious concerns among lawmakers in Washington.

Tens of thousands of Chinese immigrants have been arrested by Border Patrol agents over the past year, far beyond the hundreds to a couple of thousand seen in recent history preceding the COVID-19 pandemic, according to Customs and Border Protection data. In 2022, fewer than 2,000 Chinese people were stopped at the southern boundary.

In the first half of fiscal 2024 (from October 2023 to March 2024), Border Patrol agents on the U.S.-Mexico border caught 24,214 Chinese illegal immigrants who had come into the country by walking through unfenced areas. The figure is more than the record-high 24,048 Chinese immigrants arrested in all of 2023.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/2976033/surge-chinese-immigrants-crossing-border-national-security-concerns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
So, it triggers concerns.  Does it trigger actions?  Not that much concern I guess. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson