Author Topic: Full List of Democrats Who Voted Against Deporting Migrants Who Attack Cops  (Read 20 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Full List of Democrats Who Voted Against Deporting Migrants Who Attack Cops
Published May 16, 2024 at 5:03 AM EDT

By Kaitlin Lewis AND Martha McHardy

A majority of House Democrats voted against a bill put forth by GOP lawmakers that would require federal law enforcement to detain migrants who have entered the U.S. illegally and face charges for assaulting police officers.

The bill, which is titled the "Detain and Deport Illegal Aliens Who Assault Cops Act," was first introduced by New Jersey Representative Jeff Van Drew and backed by several other Republicans. It is among a series of legislation that the House GOP has vowed to bring to the chamber's floor in the coming days in honor of National Police Week. Republicans said in a release on Wednesday that the bills "highlight our continued support for America's law enforcement offices."

The measure passed the House in a 265-148 vote Wednesday; 211 Republicans were joined by 54 Democrats to send the bill to the Senate. All no votes were cast by Democrats. Six Republicans and 11 Democrats did not vote on the bill.

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-voting-migrants-police-bill-1901252?piano_t=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Six Republicans and 11 Democrats did not vote on the bill.

Too chicken sh*t to take a stand in an election year which is exactly the kind of politicians this country doesn't need. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson