Author Topic: Texas No Longer Hotspot For Migrant Crossings  (Read 40 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas No Longer Hotspot For Migrant Crossings
« on: Today at 11:19:53 am »

Texas No Longer Hotspot For Migrant Crossings
© Photo-illustration by Newsweek/Getty

The number of encounters between law enforcement and suspected illegal migrants across five regions of Texas fell dramatically in the 2024 fiscal year through March compared to the same period in 2023, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data.

The figures depicted sharp declines in the El Paso, Big Bend, Del Rio, Laredo and Rio Grande Valley quadrants, which combined cover the state's entire border with Mexico. Over the same period, the number of encounters increased across both Arizona and California.

This is a significant win for Republican Texas Governor Greg Abbott, who has introduced several measures to combat illegal immigration, including the deployment of thousands of National Guard troops and installing razor wire along the border. On April 12, Abbott said that 507,200 suspected undocumented migrants had been detained in his state since 2021 when he launched Operation Lone Star to combat illegal crossings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-is-no-longer-the-hotspot-for-illegal-migrant-crossings/ar-AA1nYlJG?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=fdd0178c65b54583a6b77be847eeee62&ei=32
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson