Author Topic: Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto Lobbies Joe Biden for Amnesty After Illegal Alien Is Accused of Killing  (Read 11 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto Lobbies Joe Biden for Amnesty After Illegal Alien Is Accused of Killing Staffer

by JOHN BINDER 9 May 2024

Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV), along with other Senate Democrats, is again lobbying President Joe Biden to take executive action in giving amnesty to some illegal aliens living in the United States. Cortez Masto’s renewed push for such legislation comes a month after one of her staffers was killed, allegedly by an illegal alien.

During a press conference alongside Sens. Alex Padilla (D-CA), Cory Booker (D-NJ), Ed Markey (D-MA), Ben Ray Luján (D-NM), Cortez Masto urged Biden to move forward with executive orders that would offer legal status to certain groups of illegal aliens.

Those offered amnesty would include those married to American citizens, those deemed “essential” to the U.S. economy, and those enrolled and eligible for former President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

“President Biden has the power to keep these families together,” Cortez Masto said, boasting about the amount of taxes illegal aliens in her state of Nevada pay each year.

“In 2018, undocumented immigrants in Nevada paid an estimated $241.6 million in federal taxes,” Cortez Masto said. “And they paid $121.3 million in state and local taxes. We have to do right by them.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...lling-staffer/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This would be a good example of how politicians have gotten this country headed to a third world rule of law. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson