Author Topic: Women return from trip to dentist in Mexico with 72 pounds of meth in SUV  (Read 319 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Women return from trip to dentist in Mexico with 72 pounds of meth in SUV
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Feb 13, 2024 / 03:53 PM CST

Updated: Feb 20, 2024 / 01:31 AM CST

California residents deny knowledge of hidden drugs in the roof of Ford Explorer

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Two California women who say they went to Mexico to see a dentist are in federal custody for allegedly trying to drive back with 72 pounds of methamphetamine hidden in their vehicle.

Mireya Rodarte and Yumili Flores drove up to an inspection booth at the San Ysidro Port of Entry last week and told a U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer they went to Rosarito, Mexico, to eat, shop and get some dental work done.

Alleged cash couriers ‘duped’ into bringing fentanyl to US
As the women were being interviewed and their citizenship documents verified, the CBP officer received an alert on his computer and directed Flores to drive the 2013 Ford Explorer to a secondary inspection area. Court documents show a canine officer detected the presence of narcotics in the Explorer; an X-ray scan of the vehicle revealed irregularities on the roof.

https://www.borderreport.com/regions/mexico/women-return-from-trip-to-dentist-in-mexico-with-72-pounds-of-meth-in-suv/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

California residents deny knowledge of hidden drugs in the roof of Ford Explorer

:mauslaff:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Watch "To Catch a Smuggler" on the National Geographic channel. Many of the mules claim to have traveled for medical reasons ("I was getting an estimate on cosmetic surgery" is a big one), but somehow they manage to come home with a few kilos of cocaine or heroin.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Could even be a legitimate ignorance. They will be sequestered in a waiting room or chair for a known period, and the stash could be hidden without their knowledge, to be recovered from a known address in the States.

Or they might just be mules...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Rodarte" and "Flores"?

They be workin' for either the cartel, or else for local drug gangs...

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Treat them like Russia does. Camp somewhere in North Alaska.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....