Author Topic: Border enforcers skeptical of Biden, Mexican president’s quick-fix migrant crackdowns with election  (Read 62 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Border enforcers skeptical of Biden, Mexican president’s quick-fix migrant crackdowns with elections looming: ‘Too little too late’
Story by Jennie Taer • 13h

Leaders on both sides of the US-Mexico border are cracking down on illegal immigration as a way to score political points ahead of upcoming presidential elections, sources have revealed to The Post.

Mexican President Manuel López Obrador and President Joe Biden spoke on April 28 and agreed to take swift action “to immediately implement concrete measures” on border matters.

Following the call, the Biden administration rolled out new restrictions for asylum interviews taking place at the southern border which would allow officers to quickly remove migrants who don’t prove they have a “credible fear” of returning to their home country from the US.

Meanwhile, Mexico, which is holding elections on June 2, has been pulling migrants off trains and buses headed towards the US and also carrying out more deportations as part of the recent agreement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/border-enforcers-skeptical-of-biden-mexican-president-s-quick-fix-migrant-crackdowns-with-elections-looming-too-little-too-late/ar-BB1mkoEG?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=dc45435ae40c4cb281e9d418e9bcc0c6&ei=64
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I wonder how much Biden was willing to "incentivize" Obrador to SAY he's in on the plan?  Think about it, he can unload his entire prison population and it's costs by making his thugs "migrants" to the US!  Plus, he can make more money by allowing the prison populations of his friends south of the border through Mejico, for "donations" to his favorite charity - himself. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson