Author Topic: CRISIS AT OUR SOUTHERN BORDER  (Read 84136 times)

Offline libertybele

CRISIS AT OUR SOUTHERN BORDER
« on: April 05, 2022, 03:02:17 pm »
Sen. Hagerty, during southern border visit, says US is facing 'a crisis beyond measure' as numbers rise

Sen. Bill Hagerty, R-Tenn., during a visit to the southern border, is warning that Border Patrol agents are facing a "crisis beyond measure" as the Biden administration moves to roll back Title 42 -- while stressing that the impacts of the crisis are felt well beyond the border states.

"It is a crisis beyond measure," Hagerty told Fox News Digital from Texas, where he had visited the border along with a group of Tennessee mayors and sheriffs.

"The border agents are so overwhelmed right now that they are spending more time processing than they are doing their job defending the border," he said. "That’s the goal of the cartels, to get the Border Patrol distracted and overwhelmed so they can move the high value cargo -- the fentanyl, the methamphetamine, the ‘high value’ people, meaning those who are on the terror watch list, and things of that nature who would otherwise suffer terrible consequences if they're caught."

Hagerty is visiting the border just as the Biden administration on Friday announced that it is ending the use of the Title 42 public health order to quickly expel migrants at the southern border in May. The order was implemented by the Trump administration in response to the outbreak of COVID-19 in March 2020 and has since been used by both the Trump and Biden administrations to expel a majority of migrants at the border.

While it is a public health order, not an immigration policy, it has become one of the central border policies in place as the U.S. faces a continuing crisis of numbers at the border. In February, approximately 55% of the more than 164,000 migrants encountered were returned due to the order, rather than being released into the U.S.

Democrats and Republicans, as well as law enforcement officials at the border, have been sounding the alarm about a potential surge on top of the already high numbers being encountered at the border. The Biden administration has said it has a plan in place to deal with what it has said will likely be an "influx" of migrants.............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-hagerty-southern-border-visit-warns-crisis-beyond-measure
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: CRISIS AT OUR SOUTHERN BORDER
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 03:04:53 pm »
Arizona sheriff ‘very concerned’ about move to end Title 42: ‘We’ve been abandoned’

An Arizona sheriff says he is "very concerned" about the Biden administration’s move to end the use of the Title 42 public health order to expel migrants at the border, saying that the migrant situation there is already beyond crisis level

He accused the Biden administration of abandoning law enforcement with its border policies.

"Well, it scares me," Sheriff Mark Dannels told Fox News Digital in an interview Thursday.

Dannels, chair of the National Sheriffs Association Border Security Committee, was reacting to reports that the Biden administration was planning to end Title 42, which has been used to expel more than half of migrants encountered at the border.

The Biden administration on Friday confirmed it will terminate the policy at the end of May despite fears from both Democrats and Republicans and officials within the administration of a massive migrant wave in the coming months.

Border officials have been warning that the border is already at crisis levels, with 7,000-plus encounters a day, more than 164,000 encounters in February and that number expected to rise in March. Dannels said where he is, "we're already beyond a crisis."....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arizona-sheriff-concerned-end-title-42

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 03:07:24 pm »
62,000+ illegal immigrants got past Border Patrol agents in March
There have been 300,000 gotaways this fiscal year, sources said.

More than 62,000 illegal immigrants evaded Border Patrol agents in March, averaging about 2,000 a day, according to multiple Customs and Border Protection (CBP) sources – showing the extent to which Border Patrol agents are already being overwhelmed by the massive number of migrants trying to get into the United States.

Per those same sources there have been more than 300,000 known "gotaways" -- migrants who were not apprehended or turned themselves in and who got past agents -- since fiscal year 2022 began on October 1st. For comparison, former Border Patrol Chief Rodney Scott said there had been approximately 400,000 gotaways in the entirety of FY 2021..................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/62000-illegal-immigrants-border-patrol-agents-march

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 03:07:49 pm »
Don't Worry....

I got this thing covered...... (/s)

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 03:10:30 pm »
No need to worry, Kamala's got this.

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 03:11:41 pm »
On another thread I mentioned we are close to the point we need citizen militias to start mannng the border.  I know and understand that Merrick Garland would lick his chops and try to make it look like another Ruby Ridge X10.

Still wish the pollsters had the balls to ask whether how much the public  would support this.  The results might surprise.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 03:12:31 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 03:15:19 pm »
Don't Worry....

I got this thing covered...... (/s)

Exactly. Where is the coverage on our southern border from, MSN, MSNBC, CNN, etc???

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 03:18:42 pm »
On another thread I mentioned we are close to the point we need citizen militias to start mannng the border.  I know and understand that Merrick Garland would lick his chops and try to make it look like another Ruby Ridge X10.

Still wish the pollsters had the balls to ask whether how much the public  would support this.  The results might surprise.

Citizen militias are needed, but unfortunately they would probably be told to stand down by our govt just as they were told to stand down during W's administration.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 03:19:15 pm »
No need to worry, Kamala's got this.

She truly is a waste of space.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 03:25:00 pm »
Biden border crisis just keeps getting worse

February’s border numbers are in: 164,973 illegal migrants were apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border last month. That’s the highest February total in 22 years. What these statistics don’t show are the communities being overwhelmed and the families being destroyed as a result of this administration’s failures. As a Texas congressman for a border district that stretches more than 800 miles, this is especially disturbing to me. President Joe Biden’s open-border policies have created a humanitarian and national security crisis on our doorstep.

Tragically, the victims of Biden’s border crisis are often the most vulnerable. In the last month alone, the Border Patrol apprehended an astounding 12,011 unaccompanied children. Recently, a 4-year-old child drowned in the Rio Grande as he and his mother attempted to cross into the United States. In Arizona, agents found a 5-week-old baby abandoned by his mother. In fact, Arizona Border Patrol agents have found more than 100 children by themselves in recent days. And in California, an illegal immigrant killed his three daughters and their chaperone in a church just five days after being released from jail. The tragedy might have been prevented, but California’s “sanctuary state” law barred ICE from deporting the man after his arrest. .....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/biden-border-crisis-just-keeps-getting-worse

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2022, 03:25:57 pm »
I am seeing an uptick of what appears to be groupings of what appears to be illlegals at stores and supermarkets in my corner of Texas. 
They still seem to be low key, but it does seem that they are getting more brazen, by the numbers I see of them sticking together in public.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2022, 03:37:48 pm »
I am seeing an uptick of what appears to be groupings of what appears to be illlegals at stores and supermarkets in my corner of Texas. 
They still seem to be low key, but it does seem that they are getting more brazen, by the numbers I see of them sticking together in public.

Illegals know that they have power in numbers.  Large parts of Miami are a nightmare and basically a third world country.  I won't travel to that part of FL anymore and haven't for quite awhile. 

Trump's policies and now DeSantis have kept things under control for the most part. It's the revocation of Title 42 that worries me.  Also, if DeSantis loses his seat, FL will once again be a safe haven for illegals. 

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2022, 04:33:09 pm »

Illegals know that they have power in numbers.  Large parts of Miami are a nightmare and basically a third world country.  I won't travel to that part of FL anymore and haven't for quite awhile. 

Trump's policies and now DeSantis have kept things under control for the most part. It's the revocation of Title 42 that worries me.  Also, if DeSantis loses his seat, FL will once again be a safe haven for illegals.

FL?  There are still nationals in Mexico with this plan of action, and they sure have a good start on repopulation But.............. don't let this get in the way of Ukraine's plight.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2022, 05:46:19 pm »
FL?  There are still nationals in Mexico with this plan of action, and they sure have a good start on repopulation But.............. don't let this get in the way of Ukraine's plight.

...hmm.... LaRaza mean anything to anyone??  Joaquin Castor's mother, Rosa Castro was instrumental in forming the group as well as other left wing radical groups.  I'm not sure if he still serves in TX House of Representatives.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 05:49:55 pm by libertybele »

Offline berdie

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2022, 08:47:47 pm »
Exactly. Where is the coverage on our southern border from, MSN, MSNBC, CNN, etc???

I agree, but the media reports wall to wall on "subjects of interest". They don't, or can't multi task. A while back there was wall to wall on the border crisis (as there should have been). But...then..they switched to the news de jour. Shootings, Covid, hurricanes, riots in Seattle or Minnesota ...etc.

And that is cable news. If one only watches local news it would appear the world is peachy keen. But there maybe some rain on Friday.

Offline berdie

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2022, 08:53:48 pm »

I live in a border state and never forget what we are facing. It saddens me that we have had only one president since Eisenhower that paid any attention.

The current administration is not going to do anything no matter what else is going on.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2022, 10:05:18 pm »

I live in a border state and never forget what we are facing. It saddens me that we have had only one president since Eisenhower that paid any attention.

The current administration is not going to do anything no matter what else is going on.

Trump did take some action on the southern border and as you are probably well aware, Congress dragged their feet and opposed funding; he got funding from other means, and the wall was nearly complete (according to what he says at his rallies).  He also made a deal with Mexico that illegals should be detained in Mexico; Joe rescinded that agreement.

Now ... Joe is trying to end Title 42.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2022, 10:19:11 pm »
"Sen. Hagerty, during southern border visit, says US is facing 'a crisis beyond measure' as numbers rise"

Senator, when your country is being invaded, you send the Army.

Perhaps it's time to start shooting.

(and yes, dear readers, I post that in all seriousness with full awareness as to its implications as what that would entail...)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 10:19:58 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2022, 10:22:06 pm »
bele wrote:
"Citizen militias are needed, but unfortunately they would probably be told to stand down by our govt just as they were told to stand down during W's administration."

Then it may be time for the militiamen to turn around 180 degrees... and...

Is it time for that "Second Continental Congress" yet...???

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2022, 10:22:58 pm »
"Sen. Hagerty, during southern border visit, says US is facing 'a crisis beyond measure' as numbers rise"

Senator, when your country is being invaded, you send the Army.

Perhaps it's time to start shooting.

(and yes, dear readers, I post that in all seriousness with full awareness as to its implications as what that would entail...)

Well, years ago, I suggested securing our border with landmines.  The Mexican government along with governments of Guatemala and Venezuela would need to be informed well ahead of time and in turn, warn their people -- also signs posted on the other side of the border in several languages; WARNING - EXPLOSIVES  - LAND MINES!   

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2022, 10:24:24 pm »
bele wrote:
"Citizen militias are needed, but unfortunately they would probably be told to stand down by our govt just as they were told to stand down during W's administration."

Then it may be time for the militiamen to turn around 180 degrees... and...

Is it time for that "Second Continental Congress" yet...???

Again @Fishrrman as liberal as the various different legislatures are, do you really still think that''s a good idea and one that wouldn't backfire??

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2022, 11:09:47 pm »
Right.  *****rollingeyes*****  Crazy indeed!!

EXCLUSIVE: ICE to scour U.S. communities looking for border absconders

The Department of Homeland Security will deploy teams of Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers into communities to track down illegal immigrants the Biden administration caught and released at the border last year and who have since gone AWOL, The Washington Times has learned.

Some fugitive operations teams at ICE, who had been used to go after serious criminals, will be sent after the border jumpers, according to a memo detailing the new policy, known as “Operation Notice to Report Plus.”

But ICE officers doubt the chances of success, saying they have little hope of tracking down people who gave bad addresses to the government and haven’t built enough of a digital footprint to be found otherwise.

“We’re literally looking for ghosts,” one ICE source said. “This whole thing’s crazy.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/apr/5/ice-to-scour-us-communities-looking-for-border-abs/

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2022, 11:38:57 pm »
bele:
"Again @Fishrrman as liberal as the various different legislatures are, do you really still think that''s a good idea and one that wouldn't backfire??"

I've tried to explain this before, but it doesn't seem to sink in with you.

Such a "Congress" need not be convened of ALL the states.
The blue states would have no interest -- they seem to like things as they are. They are "the Tories", the loyalists of today. They might even be purposely excluded from participating.

Quite to the contrary, a "New Continental Congress" would be assembled of delegates from the red and purple states, who are dissatisfied and opposed to the continuation of the United States government as it exists today (in the same way the FIRST Continental Congress was dissatisfied with the King's rule).

There is nothing in the existing Constitution of the United States that authorizes -- OR COULD PROHIBIT -- a New Continental Congress.

And it could go ANYWHERE it wanted.
We ARE NOT talking about "amendments to the Constitution".
We're talkin' about ... "other things".

What was the end result of THE FIRST "Continental Congress" ???

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2022, 12:20:50 am »
bele:
"Again @Fishrrman as liberal as the various different legislatures are, do you really still think that''s a good idea and one that wouldn't backfire??"

I've tried to explain this before, but it doesn't seem to sink in with you.

Such a "Congress" need not be convened of ALL the states.
The blue states would have no interest -- they seem to like things as they are. They are "the Tories", the loyalists of today. They might even be purposely excluded from participating.

Quite to the contrary, a "New Continental Congress" would be assembled of delegates from the red and purple states, who are dissatisfied and opposed to the continuation of the United States government as it exists today (in the same way the FIRST Continental Congress was dissatisfied with the King's rule).

There is nothing in the existing Constitution of the United States that authorizes -- OR COULD PROHIBIT -- a New Continental Congress.

And it could go ANYWHERE it wanted.
We ARE NOT talking about "amendments to the Constitution".
We're talkin' about ... "other things".

What was the end result of THE FIRST "Continental Congress" ???

Ok, I'll look pass the snark @Fishrman, the first Continental Congress was comprised of delegates from 13 colonies.  Obviously we have more states, more delegates, and millions more people, so primarily a Convention of States would need to be called.  A Convention of States requires 2/3 of the state legislators -- it has been tried and they've never been able to get 2/3.  Close but never 2/3.

I get we are not talking about specific amendments to the Constitution but rather returning state's rights back from the feds (and that in itself would be tricky).

Back to convening a Continental Congress of just red states and rules made, what makes you think that blue states are going to adhere???  As for purple states -- it's anybody's guess which side they would take.  In essence you would have states succeeding from the Union.  There's also the issue of federal funding to each state and entities like; Social Security, Medicare, and other subsidies that millions are reliant upon, even water and electricity. I believe TX is the only state that is completely independent of the Feds.  FL is close, but not truly independent from the Feds.

Let's suppose that 2/3 of the state legislators were successful in convening, what makes you think that the Feds are going to give up their power??

In an ideal situation yes, a successful Convention of States would be wonderful.  It's making it happen and at this point in time is unrealistic.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2022, 12:31:43 am »
Ok, I'll look pass the snark @Fishrman, the first Continental Congress was comprised of delegates from 13 colonies.  Obviously we have more states, more delegates, and millions more people, so primarily a Convention of States would need to be called.  A Convention of States requires 2/3 of the state legislators -- it has been tried and they've never been able to get 2/3.  Close but never 2/3.

I get we are not talking about specific amendments to the Constitution but rather returning state's rights back from the feds (and that in itself would be tricky).

Back to convening a Continental Congress of just red states and rules made, what makes you think that blue states are going to adhere???  As for purple states -- it's anybody's guess which side they would take.  In essence you would have states succeeding from the Union.  There's also the issue of federal funding to each state and entities like; Social Security, Medicare, and other subsidies that millions are reliant upon, even water and electricity. I believe TX is the only state that is completely independent of the Feds.  FL is close, but not truly independent from the Feds.

Let's suppose that 2/3 of the state legislators were successful in convening, what makes you think that the Feds are going to give up their power??

In an ideal situation yes, a successful Convention of States would be wonderful.  It's making it happen and at this point in time is unrealistic.

I believe he’s going even further than that and proposing rebellion against the United States, and having the rebellious states meeting in a brand new convention not at all related to the Constitution to come up with something entirely different to be just between the rebellious states.