Author Topic: Marines Deploy to Eastern Europe for the First Time in Response to Ukraine  (Read 103 times)

rebewranger

Marines Deploy to Eastern Europe for the First Time in Response to Ukraine

29 Mar 2022

Military.com | By Travis Tritten
Marines will now be among the thousands of U.S. troops who have been deployed to Europe and the eastern edge of the NATO alliance in response to Russia's ongoing invasion of Ukraine.

About 200 Marines from a command-and-control unit for Marine Air Control Group 28 based at Cherry Point, North Carolina, were sent to Lithuania, following a cold weather exercise in Norway, the Pentagon said Tuesday. A couple of Marine Corps C-130 Hercules transport aircraft and 10 Marine F-18 Hornet fighter jets from Beaufort, South Carolina, will be repositioned to Eastern Europe.

The latest deployment comes as Russia appeared to be pulling back and repositioning its invasion forces following weeks of stiff resistance by Ukraine, and the Pentagon claimed Russian President Vladimir Putin had "failed" in his effort to seize the capital Kyiv.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/03/29/marines-deploy-eastern-europe-first-time-response-ukraine.html

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I get queasy any time I see "toward the action" troop deployment, when we have that brain dead stupid SOB in the WH, and such freakin' idiots running the pentagon.  Pedo Joe has no problem using our great military to deflect his political failures.

The best to these guys staying safe and sound.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.