Author Topic: NOSTALGIA : Programs You Watched as a Kid  (Read 6817 times)

Online libertybele

Re: NOSTALGIA : Programs You Watched as a Kid
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2022, 01:11:44 am »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2022, 05:39:19 am »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2022, 07:32:56 am »
Wasn't allowed TV until the early 70s... and even then only for a short time after school.

Ultraman (1970)

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2022, 11:41:03 am »

Joe Friday's badge number (714) is the number on the side of a quaalude  :whistle:

I always wondered how he could stay so deadpan..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2022, 11:45:27 am »
Since no one has mentioned these

« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 11:46:43 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2022, 01:07:01 pm »

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2022, 06:26:02 pm »

We got our TV in 1953, the last season of Range Rider. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2022, 06:39:30 pm »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2022, 06:55:22 pm »
Even though my father worked in TV broadcasting, I don't remember watching much TV until I was 9 or 10. As he was with an NBC affiliate at that time, we pretty much watched only NBC shows. I felt a certain brand loyalty was in order. My father and I watched AFL football together and became great fans of Jack Kemp.

I do recall that the first family on our block to get a color TV in the early 60s was the McCartneys, so we all traipsed down to their house to watch Shari Lewis. It was sublime.

I also remember when I was 5, we moved to NJ and hadn't even unpacked all the boxes when a chicken pot pie my mother was removing from the oven flipped over and landed on my hand. It hurt, but really not too bad (even though it turned out to be second degree burns). Nevertheless, I looked so pathetic, my mother let me watch Soupy Sales while everyone else finished dinner. She felt so bad but was frazzled trying to get everything settled from the move.

I distinctly remember lying on the floor, looking at my reddened hand, and watching Soupy Sales sing, "Cheese and Crackers."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2022, 06:55:30 pm »
This walk down memory lane was so fun. I actually still watch some of these shows in reruns.

It was a much simpler time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2022, 08:00:26 pm »
This walk down memory lane was so fun. I actually still watch some of these shows in reruns.

It was a much simpler time.

Now every friggin' show has to have a SJW message shot through it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2022, 08:32:48 pm »
Even though my father worked in TV broadcasting, I don't remember watching much TV until I was 9 or 10. As he was with an NBC affiliate at that time, we pretty much watched only NBC shows. I felt a certain brand loyalty was in order. My father and I watched AFL football together and became great fans of Jack Kemp.

I do recall that the first family on our block to get a color TV in the early 60s was the McCartneys, so we all traipsed down to their house to watch Shari Lewis. It was sublime.

I also remember when I was 5, we moved to NJ and hadn't even unpacked all the boxes when a chicken pot pie my mother was removing from the oven flipped over and landed on my hand. It hurt, but really not too bad (even though it turned out to be second degree burns). Nevertheless, I looked so pathetic, my mother let me watch Soupy Sales while everyone else finished dinner. She felt so bad but was frazzled trying to get everything settled from the move.

I distinctly remember lying on the floor, looking at my reddened hand, and watching Soupy Sales sing, "Cheese and Crackers."

Didn't Soupy Sales have a white hairy creature on his show or was that on some other show?  Maybe I'm thinking of another show @mountaineer

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2022, 08:40:21 pm »
Didn't Soupy Sales have a white hairy creature on his show or was that on some other show?  Maybe I'm thinking of another show @mountaineer

That's "Pookie," the namesake of our own @pookie18!  Look at his Avatar!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2022, 09:48:32 pm »
Since I wasn't even born till '68, most of the shows posted were long over before I got to viewing age. My favorites:

And of course as a sci-fi geek, these were required viewing:

The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2022, 09:51:19 pm »
Since I wasn't even born till '68, most of the shows posted were long over before I got to viewing age. My favorites:

Erin Gray was a hottie!!!

Online libertybele

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2022, 09:52:55 pm »

You are a youngster!   :beer:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2022, 09:56:24 pm »

Erin Gray was a hottie!!!

You have excellent taste sir. She was my first Hollywood crush. I was around 6th grade and she opened my eyes to the fact that girls were...girls!
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2022, 10:03:33 pm »
That's "Pookie," the namesake of our own @pookie18!  Look at his Avatar!

It was driving me crazy trying to remember so I did a google search ---

I was thinking of another puppet -- "White Fang"

Clyde Adler, the show's floor manager and a film editor at Detroit's WXYZ, performed in sketches and voiced and operated all puppets on Sales' show in Detroit in the 1950s and in Los Angeles from 1959 to 1962, as well as in 1978. Actor Frank Nastasi, who played the part of Gramps on WXYZ-TV's other kids' show Wixie Wonderland, assumed the role of straight man and puppeteer when Sales took the show to New York from 1964 to 1966. Nastasi was originally from Detroit and had worked with Sales at WXYZ. Appearing on the show were both puppets and live performers.[citation needed]

The puppets were:

White Fang, "The Biggest and Meanest Dog in the USA", who appeared only as a giant white shaggy paw with black triangular felt "claws", jutting out from the corner of the screen. Fang spoke with unintelligible short grunts and growls, which Soupy repeated back in English, for comic effect. White Fang was often the pie thrower when Soupy's jokes bombed.

Pookie was the Lion.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soupy_Sales

Online libertybele

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2022, 10:20:59 pm »

I liked Miami Vice and Don Johnson was easy on the eyes.  happy77

Online libertybele

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2022, 10:22:41 pm »
@Free Vulcan  - do you remember this show or was it still before your times??

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2022, 10:24:14 pm »

Online libertybele

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2022, 10:32:11 pm »

Online libertybele

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2022, 10:34:07 pm »