Author Topic: America is dismantling the pillars of its own empire - Saudi editor to 'Post'  (Read 324 times)

rebewranger

America is dismantling the pillars of its own empire - Saudi editor to 'Post'

Ex-editor of Al Arabiya English writes that America is failing the region and siding with Iran while dismantling the last 70 years of regional order.
By MOHAMMED ALYAHYA Published: MARCH 28, 2022 09:07
Updated: MARCH 29, 2022 08:23Email Twitter Facebook fb-messenger

The Saudi-US relationship is in the throes of a crisis. As a Saudi who went to college in the US, loves America and wants to see it strong, I am increasingly disturbed by the unreality of the American discussion about the subject, which often fails to acknowledge just how deep and serious the rift has grown.

A more realistic discussion should focus on one word: “Divorce.”  When President Barack Obama negotiated the nuclear deal with Iran, we Saudis understood him to be seeking the breakup of a 70-year marriage.

How could we not?  After all, the flaws in the deal are well known. It paves a path for Iran to a nuclear bomb. It fills the war chest of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, which has spread militias across the Arab world armed with precision-guided munitions to maim and kill people who formerly looked to America to help guarantee their safety.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-702499

Online Kamaji

Basically correct. 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Pretty much.  We are going to disassemble America, ship it overseas, and give the land back to Nature.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The only plot line that works for me...United States already having orbital weapons that make the threat of nukes obsolete.

Considered the tepid "Who gives a ****?" response from the Pentagon when Putin successfully tested his Hyper-sonic Missile System.    :shrug:

Being a little boy from the late 40's and early 50's it's the only way I can look at it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The only plot line that works for me...United States already having orbital weapons that make the threat of nukes obsolete.

Considered the tepid "Who gives a ****?" response from the Pentagon when Putin successfully tested his Hyper-sonic Missile System.    :shrug:

Being a little boy from the late 40's and early 50's it's the only way I can look at it.
"Rods from God"...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online IsailedawayfromFR

Devastating article pointing toward the incoherence of Democrat leadership under Biden and Obama
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington