Author Topic: Amber Athey fired after likening Kamala Harris’ suit to UPS uniform  (Read 588 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Amber Athey fired after likening Kamala Harris’ suit to UPS uniform
By Lee Brown   
April 5, 2022 1:45pm

A conservative writer and commentator says she was fired from a radio job and accused of being racist after joking that a brown suit worn by Vice President Kamala Harris looked like a UPS uniform.

Amber Athey, the Washington editor for The Spectator magazine’s world edition, claimed she lost her regular spot on DC talk station WMAL after she referenced the delivery giant’s slogan in a tweet about Harris’ attire at the State of the Union address.

“Kamala looks like a UPS employee — what can brown do for you?” Athey’s March 1 tweet read. “Nothing good, apparently.”

According to Athey, who recounted her experience in a Spectator column, the tweet initially made no waves.

A few days later, however, Athey “spoke critically of protests in favor of ‘trans kids’ at the University of North Texas” — and, as she wrote, “a group of maniacal left-wing activists who want to chemically castrate children in the name of ‘gender affirmation’ came after me.”

“All of a sudden, the Kamala tweet was being re-framed as racist and dozens of Twitter accounts were bragging about contacting my employers about my ‘bigotry,'” she said.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/04/05/amber-athey-fired-for-likening-kamala-harris-suit-to-ups-uniform/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Well, using the word "brown" is apparently racist, especially if you're talking about the VP.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 01:12:06 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It looks like she wore the same funky brown suit today -- at least she didn't call her Chuckles!

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

The outfit was ugly. It would have been ugly on any woman of any ethnicity. How is it racist to say so?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The outfit was ugly. It would have been ugly on any woman of any ethnicity. How is it racist to say so?
A UPS uniform would have looked better than that outfit. And I think (even though some poor sod would get their packages late or not at all), I'd rather see her in that job than the one she has.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

It looks like she wore the same funky brown suit today -- at least she didn't call her Chuckles!

@libertybele Hey Chuckles was an amazing clown on MTM. Let's refer to her a Cackles. it is more appropriate and accurate.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Check out my interview with @TuckerCarlson about the cowards who fired me. (1/2)'  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/amber_athey/status/1511520552019759105

'Part 2'  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/amber_athey/status/1511520956359004165

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Look at Kamala trying to blend ....  :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

The truth of the matter is that the pantsuit looks more like poo than an UPS uniform. Amber was being kind.
 :poo:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The truth of the matter is that the pantsuit looks more like poo than an UPS uniform. Amber was being kind.
 :poo:

....the outfit fits her personality!  She looks like she has reached absolute hysteria in the picture.  Come on Chuckles, let us know what's so flippin' funny.  I find her abrasive and obnoxious.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis