Author Topic: Eight Green Berets quietly disciplined after Afghan prisoner’s beating death  (Read 96 times)

rebewranger

Eight Green Berets quietly disciplined after Afghan prisoner’s beating death
By Kyle Rempfer
 Mar 29, 01:18 PM

American Green Berets beat an Afghan commando, twisted his testicles and slammed him against a breaker box during an interrogation in western Afghanistan on Oct. 22, 2018, a civilian translator claimed as part of a criminal probe that only closed last year.

The commando, Wahedullah Khan, was detained after he opened fire on Czech special operators, killing one and injuring two others. Wahedullah was captured, handed over to NATO forces and interrogated in a cramped room on Shindand Air Base, according to the redacted case file obtained by Military Times through a Freedom of Information Act request and reported here for the first time.

“I want to break his jaw,” the translator recalled one U.S. soldier saying. “No, not yet,” another responded, according to the translator. “I need him to finish answering my questions.”

Hours later, Wahedullah was dead from blunt force trauma. The translator said Americans approached him that same night and told him to keep quiet about the incident.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/03/29/eight-green-berets-quietly-disciplined-after-afghan-prisoners-beating-death/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't get it.

WHY would they do this,when they have Afghan counterparts that are accustomed to doing that sort of thing,and who without a doubt understand the nuances of the language MUCH better than the Americans,and are more likely to pick up hints of deceit or even confessions?

Unless maybe the guy they had was a "special case" they wanted to interrogate in secret so they could plan "surprise parties" for his accomplices? IF that was the case,how did anyone else find out about it? SF teams ain't exactly known for blabbing their business to the world.

Or at least they didn't do this back in the 60's. What happens in the team house,STAYS in the team house was the general rule,and should still be the case.

SF teams live and operate way the hell out there,away from other Americans and are outnumbered sometimes by more than 10 to 1 by the locals that live in their camps with them and who are supposed to be their allies. If they want to keep living,they need to keep the faith with each other and not run their mouths. Team unity is EVERYTHING.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 10:38:47 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!