Author Topic: Donald Trump Fights Back  (Read 75 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump Fights Back
« on: March 30, 2022, 06:04:29 pm »
 Donald Trump Fights Back
He has filed a lawsuit claiming the Russia Collusion Hoax was worse than Watergate.
by R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.
March 29, 2022, 10:27 PM

Washington — I read a front-page report last week in the Good Times about the recent doings of former President Donald J. Trump. It got me to thinking about when I first met him. The Good Times, incidentally, is also known as the Washington Times, which prints all the news that is fit to print, in a timely fashion, leaving nothing out, having its stories fact-checked by non-alcoholics, and including a happy ending if warranted. The Good Times is often antithetical to the New York Times, but I assume you know that.

As I say, the piece in the Good Times got me to thinking about when I first met Donald Trump in 2013. It was at our annual Washington Club Gala. He was there to receive the T. Boone Pickens Award for Entrepreneurship. I and many of the attendees that night were astonished by how gregarious Donald was, his natural charm and sense of humor and his enormous energy — a trait all great politicians have, but at the time Donald was no politician — and something more. When he got up to accept his award, he spoke briefly but on matters that resonated with our conservative audience. One thing more: he stayed the entire evening. I was informed that he had another engagement later in the evening, but for us he stayed the course. He obviously enjoyed the company, but upon reflection I think something else attracted his attention.

The intelligence community was dead set against Donald Trump from the start.

That night our featured speaker for the Washington Club Gala was Sen. Ted Cruz, who just happened to be the frontrunner for a growing field of Republican presidential hopefuls. Looking back on the evening I got the idea that Donald Trump was taking Sen. Cruz’s measure. If he thought he could beat him, he thought he could beat any Republican who might enter the race, and ultimately any Democrat who might face him — even the woman Bill Clinton called the “most qualified person to run for office in my lifetime” — namely, Hillary.

A few weeks later when I was in New York I stopped by Donald’s office to thank him for attending our dinner. I told him I thought his remarks that evening were perfectly tailored for the dinner. We chatted some more, and I told him that he ought to think about running for president. When I started to leave, he confirmed what I had already suspected. He was going to run in 2016, and he thought his Democratic opposition would come from Hillary. A couple of weeks later I wrote my first of six columns proclaiming his availability and eventually his victory. Donald was a natural candidate.

more
https://spectator.org/donald-trump-fights-back/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Donald Trump Fights Back
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 06:06:29 pm »
Maybe 2nd worst after Watergate.  What resides on Hunter Biden's lap top make both look mild in comparison.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.