Author Topic: Manchin Drives a Dagger Through the Heart of Another Hare-Brained Biden Scheme  (Read 694 times)

Offline Kamaji

That is BS.

Congress could only pass SS to begin with as it promised that it would not be taxed.

There would never have been a law authorizing SS if that would have been the plan to begin with.

Go back to what you were originally seeking:  Congress's proclivity to change the rules on taxing.

This is an example pure and simple.

You call it 'reconsidered'. I call it moving goal posts.

You can call it what you want it, but that doesn't change the facts.

And the mere fact that Congress could not have originally enacted social security if it had taxed the benefits is utterly irrelevant to whether, after sufficient experience with the system demonstrated that a significant number of people were getting an unwarranted windfall, a subsequent Congress could modify that system by taxing the benefits.  It is a canard barely worth the restatement that one session of Congress cannot bind the actions of a subsequent session of Congress.

:shrug:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

You can call it what you want it, but that doesn't change the facts.

And the mere fact that Congress could not have originally enacted social security if it had taxed the benefits is utterly irrelevant to whether, after sufficient experience with the system demonstrated that a significant number of people were getting an unwarranted windfall, a subsequent Congress could modify that system by taxing the benefits.  It is a canard barely worth the restatement that one session of Congress cannot bind the actions of a subsequent session of Congress.

All you are doing is proving my point that one is a fool believing Congress will honor Roths as remaining untaxed when withdrawn.

And that is what we have been talking about in the first place.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

All you are doing is proving my point that one is a fool believing Congress will honor Roths as remaining untaxed when withdrawn.

And that is what we have been talking about in the first place.

Whatever, chief.  If it butt-hurts you so much, don't put money into tax-advantaged accounts.  Pretty simple.

Whatever, chief.  If it butt-hurts you so much, don't put money into tax-advantaged accounts.  Pretty simple.

I have been steadily withdrawing since I retired 8 years ago.

The debt will reach a point it will be unsustainable, and the $4.7 trillion held in 401ks and the $10 trillion in IRAs will be tempting targets to keep the country solvent - at the expense of the savers.

And Forbes is already writing artlicles claiming Roths are a tax dodge and will 'cost' the Treasury much more than what they are getting out of those monies.

Why--And How--Congress Should Curb Roth IRAs
https://www.forbes.com/sites/deborahljacobs/2012/03/26/why-and-how-congress-should-curb-roth-iras/?sh=22ce33b817f8
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have been steadily withdrawing since I retired 8 years ago.

The debt will reach a point it will be unsustainable, and the $4.7 trillion held in 401ks and the $10 trillion in IRAs will be tempting targets to keep the country solvent - at the expense of the savers.

And Forbes is already writing artlicles claiming Roths are a tax dodge and will 'cost' the Treasury much more than what they are getting out of those monies.

Why--And How--Congress Should Curb Roth IRAs
https://www.forbes.com/sites/deborahljacobs/2012/03/26/why-and-how-congress-should-curb-roth-iras/?sh=22ce33b817f8

Social Security gives me the most heart burn, I maxed out payments for probably 20 years up to my age 55 retirement, and the last time I put the pen to what I figure I'll make in social security (After tax)  with my life expectancy,  my effective yield was something like 1.8%.

The government f's up anything and everything it touches.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Social Security gives me the most heart burn, I maxed out payments for probably 20 years up to my age 55 retirement, and the last time I put the pen to what I figure I'll make in social security (After tax)  with my life expectancy,  my effective yield was something like 1.8%.

The government f's up anything and everything it touches.
I had calculated a considerable more than that, as I included what the wife receives which she contributed nothing toward but gets due to being married to me.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 01:58:48 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
...as he also drives a dagger into people who want a sane SCOTUS that adheres to the Constitution, so Eff him.  And the horse named Collins he rode in on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: