Author Topic: Inside Ted Cruz’s last-ditch battle to keep Trump in power  (Read 861 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The leftists are out to remove Trump as well as Cruz.  The two are hated by the leftists.  Get rid of both and it makes way for the GOPe darlings like Mittens and Rubio to run in '24.  This article is such crappola!!!

Inside Ted Cruz’s last-ditch battle to keep Trump in power

Sen. Ted Cruz was dining near the Capitol on the evening of Dec. 8, 2020, when he received an urgent call from President Donald Trump. A lawsuit had just been filed at the Supreme Court designed to overturn the election Trump had lost, and the president wanted help from the Texas Republican.

“Would you be willing to argue the case?” Trump asked Cruz, as the senator later recalled it.

“Sure, I’d be happy to” if the court granted a hearing, Cruz said he responded.

The call was just one step in a collaboration that for two months turned the once-bitter political enemies into close allies in the effort to keep Trump in the White House based on the president’s false claims about a stolen election. By Cruz’s own account, he was “leading the charge” to prevent the certification of Joe Biden as president.

An examination by The Washington Post of Cruz’s actions between Election Day and Jan. 6, 2021, shows just how deeply he was involved, working directly with Trump to concoct a plan that came closer than widely realized to keeping him in power. As Cruz went to extraordinary lengths to court Trump’s base and lay the groundwork for his own potential 2024 presidential bid, he also alienated close allies and longtime friends who accused him of abandoning his principles.

Now, Cruz’s efforts are of interest to the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, in particular whether Cruz was in contact with Trump lawyer John Eastman, a conservative attorney who has been his friend for decades and who wrote key legal memos aimed at denying Biden’s victory...................

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/28/ted-cruz-john-eastman-jan6-committee/

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Inside Ted Cruz’s last-ditch battle to keep Trump in power
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 11:16:55 pm »
 I can't speak for anyone else,but I know that I go to the Washington Post is one of the first places I go when I want impartial  reporting.

Warning! There MAY be slight traces of sarcasm in the post above.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 11:26:57 pm »
Sneakypete, you're right.

When I see an article with a title like this, I immediately scroll to see where it's from.
washington post?
No thanks.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 11:33:03 pm »
I can't speak for anyone else,but I know that I go to the Washington Post is one of the first places I go when I want impartial  reporting.

Warning! There MAY be slight traces of sarcasm in the post above.

The point is, it's still being reported and the news becomes talking points for leftists. They have started their smear campaign against Cruz.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 11:43:31 pm »
@sneakypete  I just "googled" Ted Cruz and a similar story is being reported by; Mother Jones, NY Times, Esquire, Independent, MSNBC, and Yahoo.  Yes they are all liberal but they are all spreading the same narrative.  As I pointed out, the smear campaign is just beginning.  They will try to make it so Ted can't run in '24.  So if they eliminate Trump and Ted .... that would be a wonderful thing for the leftists. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 11:50:07 pm »
@sneakypete  I just "googled" Ted Cruz and a similar story is being reported by; Mother Jones, NY Times, Esquire, Independent, MSNBC, and Yahoo.  Yes they are all liberal but they are all spreading the same narrative.  As I pointed out, the smear campaign is just beginning.  They will try to make it so Ted can't run in '24.  So if they eliminate Trump and Ted .... that would be a wonderful thing for the leftists.

@libertybele

Cruz is not going to run anyhow.

As for Trump,the Republican Bible Thumpers,Never Trumpers,and isolationists are going to work 24/7 to try to make sure he is beaten if he does run. They are more comfortable with "Republicans" like Romney,who are not going to rock any boats.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 11:57:36 pm »
@libertybele

As for Trump,the Republican Bible Thumpers,Never Trumpers,and isolationists are going to work 24/7 to try to make sure he is beaten if he does run. They are more comfortable with "Republicans" like Romney,who are not going to rock any boats.

Cruz has stated that if Trump runs, he won't run.  Why would he?  That would be foolish.  I can see him strongly campaigning for him.

What remains concerning for me is Ronna the RNC Chair is Mittens niece.  That's not going to work out well.

If Mittens and the GOPe think that he can win, I believe that they are sadly mistaken.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 04:33:49 pm »
Cruz has stated that if Trump runs, he won't run.  Why would he?  That would be foolish.  I can see him strongly campaigning for him.

What remains concerning for me is Ronna the RNC Chair is Mittens niece.  That's not going to work out well.

I can't think of one single excuse for WHY the GOP allowed that to happen.

Yeah,I can see how Romney got elected. After all,he had the Mormon vote locked up in Utah.

The RNC Chair is NOT a local Utah vote,though.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2022, 05:41:55 pm »

All that will do is plow the road for DeSantis. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2022, 06:00:33 pm »
All that will do is plow the road for DeSantis. 

:thumbsup:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2022, 06:13:19 pm »
Hate to sound like a broken record, but by design, I consider absolutely everything reported by the MSM (including WaPo, NYT, NBC, CBS, etc, etc.) as lies. 

That philosphy has served me well in fast-tracking POV.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2022, 10:04:33 pm »
@sneakypete   

They will try to make it so Ted can't run in '24.

They had better hope they don't get what they ask for,because it might lead to them waking up one day to discover a pissed-off Cruz has been nominated to the Supreme Court.

They just THINK he is a problem today.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2022, 10:11:43 pm »
They had better hope they don't get what they ask for,because it might lead to them waking up one day to discover a pissed-off Cruz has been nominated to the Supreme Court.

Here is what I am hoping @sneakypete :

Trump gets re-elected in '24 - perhaps Pompeo as his VP or Noem

He appoints Cruz as his AG (shake 'em and hold them responsible)

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 10:27:25 pm »

Hell Yeah... 

Think Scalia, just angrier.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2022, 02:26:54 am »
     Cruz is obviously over their target, but this news is gonna pizz off a few Trumpers.

*Maybe they already have dirt on DeSantis    :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2022, 03:33:36 am »
     Cruz is obviously over their target, but this news is gonna pizz off a few Trumpers.

@corbe

Why?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2022, 06:02:50 am »
@libertybele

Well, not as hard as the fraudsters did to get Biden in, and will continue to do as long as He or any successor serves their purpose.

It doesn't matter who runs if the Democrats get to cheat their way to another "win".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2022, 06:23:56 am »
@libertybele

Yeah right.... Thus why I have that I didn't vote for both Romney and McStain in my tag <-------- I don't vote for non-conservatives. I don't claim to be the brightest person on this forum, but it didn't take a genus to figure the character of all of them I didn't/wouldn't vote for. The other day Trump dropped his endorsement of Mo Brooks (probable one of the most conservative congress critters we have left)... Why? Probable because Mo wouldn't kiss the royal arse hard enough to make enough noise for the public to hear.

It is toxic to be near Trump, either the liberal press tar you, or Trump does it for them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 06:25:40 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2022, 06:42:59 am »
Yeah right.... Thus why I have that I didn't vote for both Romney and McStain in my tag <-------- I don't vote for non-conservatives. I don't claim to be the brightest person on this forum, but it didn't take a genus to figure the character of all of them I didn't/wouldn't vote for. The other day Trump dropped his endorsement of Mo Brooks (probable one of the most conservative congress critters we have left)... Why? Probable because Mo wouldn't kiss the royal arse hard enough to make enough noise for the public to hear.

It is toxic to be near Trump, either the liberal press tar you, or Trump does it for them.

DITTOS.  888high58888

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2022, 07:33:33 am »
Well, not as hard as the fraudsters did to get Biden in, and will continue to do as long as He or any successor serves their purpose.

@Smokin Joe

I STILL have a hard time believing they actually got away with that,even though our faces are rubbed in it on a daily basiis.

It doesn't matter who runs if the Democrats get to cheat their way to another "win".

Winch is why they enjoy the "Trump Wars" within the alleged Republican Party so much. It distracts Republican voters from noticing what the Dims are doing.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2022, 10:10:48 am »

@Smokin Joe

I STILL have a hard time believing they actually got away with that,even though our faces are rubbed in it on a daily basiis.

Winch is why they enjoy the "Trump Wars" within the alleged Republican Party so much. It distracts Republican voters from noticing what the Dims are doing.
The proverbial circular firing squad persists.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2022, 10:22:42 am »
The proverbial circular firing squad persists.

@Smokin Joe

Yup,and it seems some people enjoy it so much they will never give it up because they would miss all the attention they get.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2022, 11:24:42 am »
Our memories are short too.

It hasn't been that long ago that Cruz was calling January 6, 2021 a "violent terrorist attack"

He's still toast, as far as any future non-SCOTUS aspirations.....   And this is coming from one of his biggest 2016 supporters (me).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 11:25:38 am by catfish1957 »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2022, 02:48:26 pm »

So  you're arguing that Cruz is not a conservative? Odd. Ludicrous in fact. And let's all remember, on policy, there's not more than an inch of daylight between how a Cruz or Desantis presidency governs than how Trump did while in office.

I don't take the tack that those who oppose Trump are somehow Biden supporters or in the Romney camp...but you really can't, with any intellectual consistency, support a Cruz-Cotton-Desantis type candidacy based on their "conservatism" while actively claiming you can't support Trump because he's not "conservative". As I said...and as is really not legitimately debatable...all of these men are almost totally in sync on policy.

There are stylist differences...there is the fact that Trump stirs and motivates people with populist language...which simply means he relates well to their life experiences and is VERY effective at verbalizing how SO many people feel about the country and politics right now...but there are virtually no material differences in how any of these men govern or set policy.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2022, 02:57:19 pm »
So  you're arguing that Cruz is not a conservative? Odd. Ludicrous in fact. And let's all remember, on policy, there's not more than an inch of daylight between how a Cruz or Desantis presidency governs than how Trump did while in office.

I don't take the tack that those who oppose Trump are somehow Biden supporters or in the Romney camp...but you really can't, with any intellectual consistency, support a Cruz-Cotton-Desantis type candidacy based on their "conservatism" while actively claiming you can't support Trump because he's not "conservative". As I said...and as is really not legitimately debatable...all of these men are almost totally in sync on policy.

There are stylist differences...there is the fact that Trump stirs and motivates people with populist language...which simply means he relates well to their life experiences and is VERY effective at verbalizing how SO many people feel about the country and politics right now...but there are virtually no material differences in how any of these men govern or set policy.

The key word with Cruz and conservatism is 'was'.
I will find it very hard to vote for him now.