Author Topic: Victor Davis Hanson: The Sheer Madness of Today’s Left  (Read 114 times)

Offline Kamaji

Victor Davis Hanson: The Sheer Madness of Today’s Left
« on: March 28, 2022, 01:26:02 pm »
The Sheer Madness of Today’s Left

When ideologues demand power but cannot achieve it politically because they are cruel ideologues, expect more of their insanity to follow.

By Victor Davis Hanson
March 27, 2022

"Madness! Madness . . . madness!"
— The Bridge on the River Kwai

With that exclamation, director David Lean ended his epic film about a dutiful but vainglorious British officer who sought to display to his Japanese captors superior British discipline and morale in a prisoner of war camp.  As proof of British engineering superiority, he pursues his agendas by ordering his POWs to build for their Japanese captors a strategic bridge that otherwise they could not have built—only to try to destroy the efforts of fellow Allied soldiers sent to blow-up his masterpiece. For the delusional ideologue, reality must never intrude.

So it is now.  When the rock of green and woke ideology hits the hard place of reality, sheer madness always results.

The world prices of oil and natural gas are skyrocketing.  At the time of a major war in Ukraine, the Western democracies have framed the conflict as existential, with a Russia/Mordor on the attack against a declining West/Gondor.

A subtext of the struggle is that the world’s illiberal regimes—fossil-fuel exporting Russia, Venezuela, Iran, and the various Middle Eastern autocracies—are getting richer by the day while destroying Mother Earth, as noble gas and oil importing green Western nations can scarcely afford to drive or heat their homes.

Normally, the mad Left would not object terribly to the ensuing fuel price hikes. Remember, Joe Biden bragged on the campaign trail that he would end fossil fuels during his tenure.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/03/27/the-sheer-madness-of-todays-left/

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Victor Davis Hanson: The Sheer Madness of Today’s Left
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 01:33:50 pm »
Always, spot on with VDH.  Seems most of his recent stuff has been Captain Obvious fodder.  But in this case we need more op-eds like his on our side, to really highlight the madness (his apt term) of economic self suicide by forgoing our own resources, spending $'s at record high commodity rates with despot governments.  It is truly sheer madness

A good literary analogy to Biden's energy policy?

From Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Mariner poem.....

"Water water everywhere, not a drop to drink"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 12:18:25 am »
It's not "madness", Victor.

It is willful intent, applied in a manner to which you are not accustomed.

What you see may not make sense to you, but it makes sense to The Party.

You are looking at and trying to understand "issues" from your traditionalist perspective point.
The Party, however, proceeds with the knowledge that...
"The issue is never the issue. The issue is the Revolution"...

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 11:22:52 am »
It's not "madness", Victor.

It is willful intent, applied in a manner to which you are not accustomed.

What you see may not make sense to you, but it makes sense to The Party.

You are looking at and trying to understand "issues" from your traditionalist perspective point.
The Party, however, proceeds with the knowledge that...
"The issue is never the issue. The issue is the Revolution"...

You know that, I know that, and VDH knows that.  But he also knows that there is still enough entrenched PC-ness out there, that his POV will be stripped, and effectively squelched  of viewable status if he stated so.  Yes, the MSM and Big Tech has that level of power and control right now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.