Author Topic: Hochul’s husband to potentially benefit big from Buffalo stadium costing NY $850 million  (Read 229 times)

Online mountaineer

Another case of taxpayers being stuck with building a pro sports stadium. But, hey, at least the governor gets to line her pockets.
Hochul’s husband to potentially benefit big from Buffalo stadium costing NY $850 million
 By Carl Campanile, Bernadette Hogan and Josh Kosman   
March 29, 2022 5:43pm

The $850 million, taxpayer-funded deal to build a $1.4 billion stadium for the Buffalo Bills is not only a touchdown for upstate fans of star quarterback Josh Allen — it’s also a big win for the firm of Gov. Kathy Hochul’s husband.

Bill Hochul is senior vice president and general counsel for Delaware North, the major food concessionaire at the Buffalo Bills’ current Highmark Stadium.

Delaware North and its employees stand to potentially benefit from another 30 years of work at the new stadium, assuming the Buffalo-based firm keeps the concession.

“Delaware North has operated concessions, premium dining and retail services at Highmark Stadium since 1992. The 71,870-seat venue is home of the NFL’s Buffalo Bills,” a summary on the firm’s website says. ...

Albany insiders pointed out Tuesday how Bill Hochul’s firm benefits from the stadium deal at a time when Gov. Hochul is facing criticism that the $600 million state taxpayer subsidy for the new Bills’ stadium area smacks of corporate welfare. Erie County kicks in another $250 million to pay for the new stadium, with the Bills’ kicking in the rest of the $1.4 billion costs. ...
Full story at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I believe Delaware North also owns the Buffalo Sabres, the Boston Bruins, and the Boston TD Garden.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Keepin' payola in the family.