Author Topic: Biden Budgets for Government Worker Wage Hike Twice As High As Inflation  (Read 455 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Budgets for Government Worker Wage Hike Twice As High As Inflation

John Carney 28 Mar 2022

President Joe Biden’s proposed budget for the coming year includes a 4.6 percent pay hike for federal civilian employees and military service members.

The White House’s fiscal 2023 budget request seeks across the board increases in discretionary spending for almost every corner of the federal government.

By comparison, the median weekly earnings of all American workers rose 2.6 percent in 2021.

It is also twice the rate of inflation projected by the budget for 2023. The budget, which was built on economic assumptions locked in place back in November, forecasts 2.3 percent inflation in 2023.

A 2017 study by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that federal workers receive wages and benefits that are, on average, about 17 percent higher than workers with comparable skills and education in other parts of the economy.

By contrast, the Biden budget claims that federal workers are underpaid in comparison to private sector workers.

“Between 2009 and 2020, U.S. average worker pay rose 38 percent while Federal civilian pay increases amount to only a 15 percent rise,” the Biden budget claims.

According to the CBO study, however, federal workers with a high school degree or less had wages that were 34 percent higher than private-sector peers and benefits that were 93 percent greater, for a total compensation gap of 53 percent. For workers with a bachelor’s degree, the wage gap was 21 percent, composed of a 5 percent wage gap and a 52 percent benefit gap.

The budget does not explain the discrepancy between its claims and the CBO study.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/03/28/biden-budgets-for-government-worker-wage-hike-twice-as-high-as-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
A government full of government people that became millionaires while in government office.  Oh those poor poor millionaires!  Since they didn't give millions to foreigners, i guess the government rich should have it....and more!
Biden in office is better than having Trump in office, right useful fools?  A fool is not happy if said fool cannot die of being a fool!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

A government full of government people that became millionaires while in government office.  Oh those poor poor millionaires!  Since they didn't give millions to foreigners, i guess the government rich should have it....and more!
Biden in office is better than having Trump in office, right useful fools?  A fool is not happy if said fool cannot die of being a fool!
Who are you talking about?. There are a lot of government employees that are blue collar workers that haven't got any sort of a raise in years.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
SUMBODIE in the Biden cabal knows where their bread gets buttered!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who are you talking about?. There are a lot of government employees that are blue collar workers that haven't got any sort of a raise in years.

@Killer Clouds

No,there isn't.

Name ONE,if you know one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rustynail

Woo Hoo! G2 step five.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Biden Budgets for Government Worker Wage Hike Twice As High As Inflation

John Carney 28 Mar 2022

President Joe Biden’s proposed budget for the coming year includes a 4.6 percent pay hike for federal civilian employees and military service members.

The White House’s fiscal 2023 budget request seeks across the board increases in discretionary spending for almost every corner of the federal government.

By comparison, the median weekly earnings of all American workers rose 2.6 percent in 2021.

It is also twice the rate of inflation projected by the budget for 2023. The budget, which was built on economic assumptions locked in place back in November, forecasts 2.3 percent inflation in 2023.

A 2017 study by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that federal workers receive wages and benefits that are, on average, about 17 percent higher than workers with comparable skills and education in other parts of the economy.

By contrast, the Biden budget claims that federal workers are underpaid in comparison to private sector workers.

“Between 2009 and 2020, U.S. average worker pay rose 38 percent while Federal civilian pay increases amount to only a 15 percent rise,” the Biden budget claims.

According to the CBO study, however, federal workers with a high school degree or less had wages that were 34 percent higher than private-sector peers and benefits that were 93 percent greater, for a total compensation gap of 53 percent. For workers with a bachelor’s degree, the wage gap was 21 percent, composed of a 5 percent wage gap and a 52 percent benefit gap.

The budget does not explain the discrepancy between its claims and the CBO study.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/03/28/biden-budgets-for-government-worker-wage-hike-twice-as-high-as-inflation/

Ok, can I get a very loud "Let's Go Brandon", cheer??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Killer C;

Its been here discussed many times, the big shots of DC are all millionaires.  Some times i don't explain the obvious already spoken.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline LMAO

Try demanding this in the private sector
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

@Killer Clouds

No,there isn't.

Name ONE,if you know one.
@sneakypete
I was one of them and everyone I use to work with. I can also say that none of those same blue collar government employees are millionaires.

Offline Killer Clouds

Killer C;

Its been here discussed many times, the big shots of DC are all millionaires.  Some times i don't explain the obvious already spoken.
@christian
My apologies.