Author Topic: ARCTIC BLAST THREATENS COLD RECORDS ACROSS EAST U.S., INCLUDING 145-YEAR LOW IN PHILLY; REMARKABLE C  (Read 328 times)

rebewranger

ARCTIC BLAST THREATENS COLD RECORDS ACROSS EAST U.S., INCLUDING 145-YEAR LOW IN PHILLY; REMARKABLE COLD FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH SWEEPS GREENLAND; ANTARCTICA PLUNGES -1.2C BELOW 1979-2000 AVERAGE; + EUROPE FREEZES
MARCH 28, 2022 CAP ALLON

ARCTIC BLAST THREATENS COLD RECORDS ACROSS EAST U.S., INCLUDING 145-YEAR LOW IN PHILLY
Winter is making a comeback across the Eastern half of the CONUS this week. Chilly temperatures settled in Sunday for many, but as the new week progresses, tens of millions of America’s should expect recording breaking lows.

Sunday night through Monday morning will see a brutal Arctic air mass spill down out of Canada. This mass of cold will deliver a Winter’s Revenge across the Midwest, the South and the Northeast, and will see hard freezes impact many growing regions.

The National Park Service says the “magic number” for the Cherry Blossoms is 27F, and that even if temperatures dip below that for just a few hours it could cause enough damage to bring peak bloom to a premature end.

By sunrise Monday, widespread 20s are expected across the Northeast, with many regions dipping into the teens: “We’re talking about the polar vortex moving right across the Northeast,” said senior AccuWeather meteorologist John Feerick.

https://electroverse.net/arctic-blast-threatens-records-in-east-u-s-greenland-cold-antarctica-falls-below-avg-europe-freezes/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Meanwhile it was 93.6F here Saturday....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

Meanwhile it was 93.6F here Saturday....

Dry heat or humid?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Dry heat or humid?

Very dry and it's been really windy the past few weeks.  There were several days where we experienced maximum daily gusts >60MPH at the Castle.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

Very dry and it's been really windy the past few weeks.  There were several days where we experienced maximum daily gusts >60MPH at the Castle.

Dry heat I can deal with.  It's the humidity that kills me.  I once spent a couple of weeks in Perth, AUS, during their summer; the temps were over 100 F, but it was dry and I could deal with it.  I also spent a summer up near the Great Lakes, and even though the temperatures were only in the mid to upper 80s, the humidity was 100% and it almost killed me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Dry heat I can deal with.  It's the humidity that kills me.  I once spent a couple of weeks in Perth, AUS, during their summer; the temps were over 100 F, but it was dry and I could deal with it.  I also spent a summer up near the Great Lakes, and even though the temperatures were only in the mid to upper 80s, the humidity was 100% and it almost killed me.

Yup.  This why I settled in Phoenix.  That said, "It's a dry heat" when it's >120 does wear a bit thin...lol.  Tell the Thanksgiving turkey it's a dry heat.  happy77
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

Yup.  This why I settled in Phoenix.  That said, "It's a dry heat" when it's >120 does wear a bit thin...lol.  Tell the Thanksgiving turkey it's a dry heat.  happy77

Yeah, when it gets that hot, it's just plain hot.  What stunned me though, was being near the Great Lakes and getting floored by the humidity.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, when it gets that hot, it's just plain hot.  What stunned me though, was being near the Great Lakes and getting floored by the humidity.

I lived in southern Michigan before I moved to Arizona.  Yeah, we got lotsa humidity from Lake Michigan where I lived.  In the winter we had lake-effect blizzards.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

I lived in southern Michigan before I moved to Arizona.  Yeah, we got lotsa humidity from Lake Michigan where I lived.  In the winter we had lake-effect blizzards.

Elkhart, IN is where I got to exerience Lake Michigan summertimes.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Elkhart, IN is where I got to exerience Lake Michigan summertimes.

I've been there for sure.  I'm glad I don't live there anymore.
I will NOT comply.