Author Topic: City moves to ‘evict’ homeless man living in Manhattan park tree  (Read 303 times)

Offline Kamaji

City moves to ‘evict’ homeless man living in Manhattan park tree

By Reuven Fenton and David Meyer
March 27, 2022

The city moved Sunday to “evict” the homeless man who has been allegedly living like a squirrel in a tree in a Manhattan park for months.

City officials issued a one-day “notice of clean up” targeting the section of Riverbank State Park where the man’s illegal makeshift treehouse is located.

The unidentified man will have to vacate his sky-high digs by Monday, according to notices posted in three locations on the wrought iron fence nearby.

The notice includes information on local homeless shelters.

City action to remove the months-old encampment comes after The Post showed Mayor Eric Adams a photograph of the scene during an unrelated event Saturday.

“That’s not what we want,” Hizzoner said. “That’s not dignified for people.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/03/27/nyc-moves-to-evict-homeless-man-living-in-manhattan-park-tree/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: City moves to ‘evict’ homeless man living in Manhattan park tree
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 10:30:06 pm »
The article says Long Island Railroad, but that's next to the Amtrak "Empire Connection" that connects Penn Station to the Hudson line to Albany.

The guy at home, apparently a little upset at having his pic taken:

Online libertybele

Re: City moves to ‘evict’ homeless man living in Manhattan park tree
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 10:55:50 pm »
It's really a sad state of affairs.  I'm just commenting on what I know is happening in my area.  There was a park one city over where the homeless set up tents and the city closed the park for repairs.  The homeless set up camp elsewhere and the city also for a short while housed the homeless in hotels.  They have homeless shelters in that area, but I've heard people would rather take their chances on the streets.

There is no affordable housing around here so to speak of with the lowest rent for a 1 bedroom apartment renting for around $1,500 and that's in a pretty run down area. FL minimum wage is $10/hr. so coming up with $$ for rent is difficult.

I don't have the answers and certainly I am against the continual raising of wages.

I truly count my blessings every day. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.