Author Topic: Booker says Jackson was under 'the most outrageous of attacks' during hearings  (Read 605 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Booker says Jackson was under 'the most outrageous of attacks' during hearings
By Mychael Schnell - 03/27/22 10:23 AM EDT

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) on Sunday said Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson was under “the most outrageous of attacks” during her confirmation hearing last week.

“She was bringing me a lot of emotion during the whole hearing. I mean, she, under sort of the most outrageous of attacks, she was showing who she is,” Booker said when asked on CNN's "State of the Union" about Jackson tearing up in response to the senator's emotional comments during the hearing.

“She showed up and told America how qualified she is, how special she is, what kind of endurance, grit and grace she showed,” he added.

Jackson’s confirmation hearing made headlines last Wednesday when Jackson teared up as Booker was addressing the historic nature of her nomination to the bench. Jackson, if confirmed, would be the first African American woman to serve on the Supreme Court.

“I want to tell you when I look at you this is why I get emotional,” Booker said to Jackson during the hearing, his voice quavering with emotion. “You’re so much more than your race and gender. You’re a Christian, you’re a mom. Your intellect.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/599919-booker-says-jackson-was-under-the-most-outrageous-of-attacks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Baloney!!!

Online libertybele

Cry me a freakin' river.  This is only making headlines because she is Black. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Cry me a freakin' river.  This is only making headlines because she is Black. 

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Cry me a freakin' river. 

Booker did.   :smokin:

Offline berdie

When she was asked about what a woman was and couldn't answer??

Sure she is under attack. *****rollingeyes*****

Online libertybele

All Black females are don't ya know!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dat bees causin she bees black!

Dam krackas!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@berdie

Well,that really wasn't her fault. If they had asked if she knows what a Ho or a Bitch is,she would have answered correctly immediately.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You evil dastardly Jews white people! How dare you attack one of the Afristocracy! They are above petty things like the law and the Constitution, and how to define what a woman is!
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

Spartacus is such a drama queen (emphasis on the word "queen").
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org