Author Topic: The Six Best Conservative Governors In America  (Read 187 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Six Best Conservative Governors In America
« on: March 27, 2022, 01:55:53 pm »
The Six Best Conservative Governors In America

by The BSC TeamMarch 27, 2022

In this installment of their weekly Sunday Six conversation, PF Whalen and Parker Beauregard of The Blue State Conservative discuss six GOP governors who are leading the way in the raging battle against leftism.

#6: Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin

PF: Glenn Youngkin gained national attention last fall during his gubernatorial campaign against Democrat Terry McAuliffe. In a state that Joe Biden won by double-digits in 2020, McAuliffe was thought to be a shoe-in on Election Day. Virginia is a solid blue state and Youngkin needed a bold strategy if he was to achieve the unthinkable and take control in Richmond; and that’s exactly what he did.

Youngkin won in November due in large part to confronting cultural issues head-on and from a conservative angle. Most notably, Glenn Youngkin recognized the evils of Critical Race Theory, the Democrats’ attempts at indoctrinating school children in CRT, and the burgeoning rejection by parents of defiant school boards attempting to bypass parental rights. Youngkin was out in front of a major issue that has shifted well to the right nationwide, and he was elected easily because of it.

Youngkin is currently pushing for tax cuts in the state, much to the chagrin of Democrats. He attempted to shut down mask mandates in schools, though he met stiff resistance in the courts. And Youngkin is Pro-Life, though he tends to temper his enthusiasm on the issue.

But what’s most important for a conservative governor in a blue state is to retain power. Democrats in power in any statehouse can do irreparable damage, and retaining voters in a left-leaning state means walking a fine line for a Republican. So far, Youngkin appears to be doing splendidly, having recently achieved a 50% approval rating. And considering he’s a Republican and the unreliability of such polls, we can safely assume the real number is about 5 points higher, maybe more.

more
https://thebluestateconservative.com/2022/03/27/the-six-best-conservative-governors-in-america/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: The Six Best Conservative Governors In America
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 02:08:15 pm »
He got Number 1 wrong.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 02:29:53 pm »
Yeah, I think I'd put DeSantis at the top. Youngkin is good, but doesn't have as much on his resume as DeSantis.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 04:53:48 pm »
Sadly the last great republican governor I had was named Ronald Reagan.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 05:25:02 pm »
He got Number 1 wrong.

Agreed.  DeSantis #1
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 10:25:30 pm »
#5: Texas Governor Greg Abbott
#4: Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy
#3: Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts
#2: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis
#1: Tennessee Governor Bill Lee