Author Topic: Kid Rock is auctioning off his Ford GT supercar  (Read 1273 times)

Offline libertybele

Kid Rock is auctioning off his Ford GT supercar
« on: March 27, 2022, 01:42:03 am »
Kid Rock is auctioning off his Ford GT supercar

Singer-songwriter Kid Rock will sell his 2005 Ford GT at the RM Sotheby's auction event in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on Saturday.

With the sale, Kid Rock will include a photo signed by Ford GT designer Camilo Pardo and an autographed guitar.

Considering his celebrity influence in the GT’s value, RM Sotheby's set a pre-auction estimate of $500,000 to $575,000. Hagerty estimates the value of a highly preserved, world-class GT to be $450,000. ..............

...................“With its stunning retro-inspired design and breathtaking power, the Ford GT has been a highly sought-after model since its release,” RM Sotheby’s said. “This four-option, Mark IV Red example’s low mileage, excellent condition, and truly one-of-a-kind ownership history make it an opportunity not to be missed.” .........

..........The car is one of the fastest of its day, with a top speed of 205 mph, reaching 60 mph in 3.3 seconds.

--- more pics ---

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/see-it-kid-rock-is-auctioning-off-his-ford-gt-supercar
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Kid Rock is auctioning off his Ford GT supercar
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 03:01:11 pm »
You have to wonder why he is selling it. It's not like he needs the money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 05:12:30 pm »
You have to wonder why he is selling it. It's not like he needs the money.
I'm not sure but I don't think the GT40 is street legal so maybe he got tired of schlepping it to a track or staring at it in his collection. I'd be really impressed if he said he was going to donate the proceeds to a charity otherwise this is just PR for someone that means nothing to me.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 05:22:48 pm »
I wondered as well as to why he's selling it.  Obviously he doesn't need the $$, and he's also giving away a signed guitar with it and Ford is signing some sort of certificate with it as well.  My hunch -- probably donating the proceeds.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 05:51:42 pm »
I wondered as well as to why he's selling it.  Obviously he doesn't need the $$, and he's also giving away a signed guitar with it and Ford is signing some sort of certificate with it as well.  My hunch -- probably donating the proceeds.

@libertybele

Good guess! I suspect you nailed it.

I mean,I know gas is expensive now,but.......

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 08:43:55 pm »
I'm not sure but I don't think the GT40 is street legal so maybe he got tired of schlepping it to a track or staring at it in his collection. I'd be really impressed if he said he was going to donate the proceeds to a charity otherwise this is just PR for someone that means nothing to me.
Actually, the 2005 versions were street legal from the factory.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 09:46:10 pm »
I just sold a mustang GT. Is this the same vehicle? Mine was a 1966 and I'm still heartbroken.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2022, 11:48:44 pm »
I just sold a mustang GT. Is this the same vehicle? Mine was a 1966 and I'm still heartbroken.

@berdie

Uhhh,no.The car he sold was a GT-40,the LeMans race car ,but the street legal version.

MUCH faster,with MUCH better brakes,suspension,and everything else. Would probably run close to 200 mph in an open straight. The street version like is being sold is slightly slower because it has all the necessary safety items required of street cars. Probably even has a radio,and I am almost sure it has two seats.

If someone were to give you one and  you wanted to drive it back and forth to work,good luck at finding and being able to buy theft and collision insurance on it unless you are in Kid Rock's tax bracket.

IIRC,which I am not sure about any longer,it even had gullwing doors.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2022, 12:19:10 am »

The car Kid Rock is selling is one of the fastest of its day, with a top speed of 205 mph, reaching 60 mph in 3.3 seconds. The supercar is one of 669 first-year models that are finished in Mark IV Red with white stripes.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 12:20:28 am by libertybele »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2022, 12:20:37 am »
What a ride. My buddy had a '04 stock GT and it was a beast.

Can't imagine what that thing's got.
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2022, 07:49:37 pm »
Thanks @sneakypete and @libertybele . happy77 I'm just showin' my ignorance.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2022, 07:58:34 pm »
Thanks @sneakypete and @libertybele . happy77 I'm just showin' my ignorance.

@berdie I have no idea about one car from another, I simply posted add'l info from the article. 

Offline berdie

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 08:05:35 pm »
@berdie I have no idea about one car from another, I simply posted add'l info from the article.

Thanks, I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the engine...I quit reading.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2022, 08:26:12 pm »
Is Kid Rock bankrupt?  Will he be sleeping on M.C. Hammer's couch?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2022, 08:40:58 pm »

Wonder what the insurance premiums are on a $450K classic sportscar, that sits in a garage?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2022, 08:43:19 pm »

He might not be as flush as we think.  He just signed onto a Tucker Carlson premium piece.  He claims he is giving traditonal music execs and the business the finger.  With that, I'd think he's probably losing lots of revenue.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2022, 09:06:30 pm »
Is Kid Rock bankrupt?  Will he be sleeping on M.C. Hammer's couch?

@DefiantMassRINO

Seems VERY unlikely. Unlike most rock stars,he seems to have his head on straight. Still lives in Michigan,but on a big farm instead of in the city.

I suspect it is more a case of he never drives the damn thing because where can you  park it and leave it and expect it to be there,unmolested,when you go back to it?

Not to mention the yearly taxes,tags,and most likely an insane yearly insurance fee.

All for something you don't even drive.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2022, 09:09:41 pm »
@DefiantMassRINO

Seems VERY unlikely. Unlike most rock stars,he seems to have his head on straight. Still lives in Michigan,but on a big farm instead of in the city.

True statement.  Read today that Taylor Hawkins' (Foo Fighters) early death at age 50 was relatd to drug use.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2022, 09:49:01 pm »
True statement.  Read today that Taylor Hawkins' (Foo Fighters) early death at age 50 was relatd to drug use.

@catfish1957

I remember reading several years ago that he and Bob Seger are good friends. This was when Seger dropped out of the music biz to devote his time to raising his children. I am assuming something happened to his wife,but that wasn't mentioned.

Segar wasn't known as a wild man in his private life,and he and Kid Rock were both from Detroit,and were good friends.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2022, 07:33:18 pm »
Kid Rock sold his GT for a whopping $638,000.!!!! 

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/kid-rock-sold-ford-gt-supercar-fortune
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 07:34:20 pm by libertybele »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2022, 07:40:35 pm »

Original cost in 2005 - $156K

Sale Price-  $638K-

Eyeballing that, that is about a 9% annual ROI.  Not bad.....   Of course the Capital Gains on almost $500K is gonna suck.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2022, 07:42:24 pm »
Nice ride.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2022, 10:00:03 pm »

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/kid-rock-sold-ford-gt-supercar-fortune

@libertybele

DAMN!

I knew I should have raised my bid another 10 bucks!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2022, 10:14:48 pm »
@libertybele

DAMN!

I knew I should have raised my bid another 10 bucks!

@sneakypete

Oh, so you're the one who out bid me!!   :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 10:15:44 pm by libertybele »