Author Topic: The SEC’s New Rules Are A Back Door For Climate Activists  (Read 132 times)

rebewranger

The SEC’s New Rules Are A Back Door For Climate Activists
« on: March 25, 2022, 02:52:47 pm »
WRITTEN BY CLARICE FELDMAN ON MAR 25, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The SEC’s New Rules Are A Back Door For Climate Activists

On March 21, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), by a 3-1 majority (the lone Republican Hester Pierce (pictured) voting against the proposal), drafted rules that will further burden all  American energy production and thus hamper economic growth. [bold, links added]

The proposal would require listed companies to disclose to investors how their future value might be impacted by climate impacts or reduced demand for fossil fuels.

Specifically, they must disclose:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-secs-new-rules-are-a-back-door-for-climate-activists/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The SEC’s New Rules Are A Back Door For Climate Activists
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 03:06:21 pm »
So, the SEC is mandating companies to issue forward looking statements, that have the potential to decrease enterprise value, based upon Global Climate Change nonsense?

Obviously, the exploration, production, and refining opportunities exist in 2nd World countries in Latin America, Africa, and South Asia.

Dems would rather import energy from other countries than to produce it domestically.

If I am a fossil fuel energy company in America, why would I waste limited capital to make future investments in a nation whose government wants to put them out of business?  I'd return capital to shareholders or deploy capital in other countries.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright