Author Topic: Biden requests Mehmet Oz and Herschel Walker resign from presidential council or be terminated  (Read 458 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNN By Donald Judd and Maegan Vazquez 3/23/2022

Biden requests Mehmet Oz and Herschel Walker resign from presidential council or be terminated

President Joe Biden has formally asked two Trump-appointed members of the President's Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition to resign from their posts or be terminated.

Herschel Walker and Mehmet Oz, who are now Republican Senate candidates in Georgia and Pennsylvania, respectively, were appointed in 2018 by then-President Donald Trump to serve on the council. Trump reappointed them to two-year terms in December 2020, shortly before he left office.

It's against the Biden administration's policy for federal candidates to serve on presidential boards, according to a White House official. The official said letters to Oz and Walker were sent Wednesday requesting their resignations by 6 p.m.

More: https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/23/politics/biden-requests-resignations-mehmet-oz-and-herschel-walker/index.html

Offline mountaineer

Against a policy they just came up with, perhaps.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I'd say they just threw it up.

This won't sit well with Georgia citizens nor college football fans where Walker is respected as the legend he indeed is.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 01:45:14 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden's handlers just suck. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

... Dr. Oz wasted no time in responding to the edict. He noted that former President Donald Trump appointed him to two terms on the council and refused to resign. It is unknown how Walker, who is a former NFL running back and a close friend of Trump’s, responded to the order.

Oz made public the letter he received from the Office of Presidential Personnel dated March 23.

“Clearly, Joe Biden can’t be around anyone who doesn’t completely fall in line with his fear-mongering authoritarian one-size-fits-all COVID handling. I am proud of my service and will not resign,” he defiantly tweeted.  ...
BizPacReview

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought Oz dropped out of the race?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘You’re Going to Have to Fire Me’: Herschel Walker, Mehmet Oz Refuse Biden Demand to Resign from Presidential Council on Sports

Jacob Bliss 24 Mar 2022

President Joe Biden on Wednesday asked two Trump-appointed members of the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition to resign — who is also running in Senate races — to resign or be fired, according to a report.

Two of former President Donald Trump’s appointees — Herschel Walker, who’s running in the Georgia Republican Senate primary, and Mehmet Oz, who’s running in the Pennsylvania Republican Senate primary — were asked by Biden to resign from their two-year posts as of Wednesday at 6 p.m., according to CNN.

Trump-appointed Walker and Oz to sit on the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition in 2018 to two-year terms and were reappointed in December 2020, shortly before he left office. Since both are running for office, the report stated that it goes against the current administration’s policy not to allow federal candidates to serve on presidential boards.

Walker responded on social media by bashing Biden and saying he’s not a quitter.

“President Biden is so scared about us beating Raphael Warnock that he has asked me to resign from my unpaid position on the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition,” Walker wrote. “I’m not a quitter so you are going to have to fire me.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2022/03/24/youre-going-have-fire-me-herschel-walker-mehmet-oz-refuse-biden-demand-resign-presidential-council-sports/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 06:23:25 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

FTA:

It's against the Biden administration's policy for federal candidates to serve on presidential boards, according to a White House official. The official said letters to Oz and Walker were sent Wednesday requesting their resignations by 6 p.m.

To me, it means that policy cannot be older than 1/20/21.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Christian Walker
@ChristianWalk1r
Who is Biden going to replace my dad @HerschelWalker, a Heisman trophy winner, Olympian, NFL and MMA star, with on the Presidential council of fitness and sports? Lia Thomas?
6:07 PM · Mar 24, 2022·

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Christian Walker
@ChristianWalk1r
Who is Biden going to replace my dad @HerschelWalker, a Heisman trophy winner, Olympian, NFL and MMA star, with on the Presidential council of fitness and sports? Lia Thomas?
6:07 PM · Mar 24, 2022·

Oh shit!  That is gonna leave a mark!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I guess we have to ask the question on Walker:  What does Joe Biden have against black people?

And I wonder how happy large numbers of blacks will be when Joe fires one their own for no other reason in their mind but that he is black?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Herschel Walker
@HerschelWalker

President Biden is so scared about us beating Raphael Warnock that he has asked me to resign from my unpaid position on the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition.

I’m not a quitter so you are going to have to fire me.

11:26 AM · Mar 24, 2022·Twitter for iPhone