Author Topic: Biden expected to release rule on ghost guns in days  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Biden expected to release rule on ghost guns in days
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2022, 11:34:52 am »
"Ghost Guns" do not fall under that ruling as ghost guns did not have their serial number "removed, obliterated, or altered".  Ghost guns just never had a serial number.

I have several firearms without serial numbers.  Years back there was no legislative requirement for guns to have serial numbers.
The question is one of whether the Biden Administration is including guns with alteredd or removed serial numbers in whatever numbers it used to come up with the statement "Ghost guns are the criminals; weapon of choice".

My bet is that they would likely have to have included altered firearms, or they just pulled that statement out of their ass.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2022, 12:03:42 pm »
Gun control push will cost Biden in midterms

Bearing Arms By Tom Knighton | Apr 16, 2022

https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022/04/16/gun-control-push-will-cost-biden-in-midterms-n57484

Unfortunately for Biden and Democrats, pushing sweeping policies that target law-abiding gun owners will hurt their midterm election prospects.

Banning “Ghost Guns” Won’t Deter Crime

As for criminal use of “ghost guns,” Bearing Arms columnist Tom Knighton noted only 325 homicides since 2016 involved them— totaling 0.36 percent. He wrote, “What the White House and gun control advocates miss is that despite the gloom and doom about unserialized firearms, they’ve only been used in 325 homicides since 2016. That’s just 0.36% percent of all homicides. That’s fewer than the average number of people who are accidentally killed with a firearm annually.”

More seriously, though, this is a fact that needs to be talked about far more often, as is the fact that much of that doom-and-gloom being reported may be an outright fabrication.

But does that hurt Democrats in the midterm? Probably.

More at link.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2022, 12:29:08 pm »
"Ghost guns are the criminals; weapon of choice".

@Smokin Joe

I have been hearing the lie "Blank guns are the criminals weapon of choice" my whole damn life. "Which" gun fills the blank depends on what was used in the most recent atrocity that is in the news.

The TRUTH is the "firearm of choice" by criminals are STOLEN guns because they can be bought MUCH cheaper than legal firearms,and because they can't be traced back to the criminal.

Which means that EVERY politician and police chief you hear babbling that line on tv is lying,and they KNOW they are lying.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2022, 12:32:40 pm »
Gun control push will cost Biden in midterms

Bearing Arms By Tom Knighton | Apr 16, 2022

But does that hurt Democrats in the midterm? Probably.

f
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022/04/16/gun-control-push-will-cost-biden-in-midterms-n57484

@Elderberry

Probably not. The typical Dim voter has never even held or fired a gun,never mind owned one. The only thing they "know" about guns is that "Guns are bad because they murder innocent people."

I call these people "Dims" for good reason.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2022, 12:37:24 pm »
https://www.statista.com/statistics/249775/percentage-of-population-in-the-us-owning-a-gun-by-party-affiliation/

Gun ownership U.S. 2021, by party affiliation

Published by Statista Research Department, Dec 1, 2021

In the United States in 2021, 50 percent of Republicans reported that they owned at least one gun, and 61 percent said that they lived in a household with a gun. In comparison, only 21 percent of Democrats owned at least one gun, and 31 percent lived a gun household.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2022, 12:49:24 pm »
https://www.statista.com/statistics/249775/percentage-of-population-in-the-us-owning-a-gun-by-party-affiliation/

@Elderberry

Not so sure I am buying that. Sure,there are some Dims that live in rural areas,but they are a minority except maybe states like farm states,where farmers tend to own a rifle or a shotgun to put down sick animals or pests. I live in a rural area,and everybody I know has a rifle,shotgun,or both at home,and damn few of them have a handgun,or even want a handgun. The last "armed robbery" around here happened on the 32nd of Never.

I do know a couple of grocery store owners that routinely carried a 38 in their pants pockets in case someone DID try to rob them,though. AFAIK,nobody ever tried.

Limit the discussion to handguns,and that percentage takes a drastic drop. Most rural people feel no need for self-defense using a concealable weapon when going to a movie  or shopping,and at home they have their shotgun or rifle if they need a weapon.

Move to a city,and the reverse is true. Nobody that lives in a city and isn't a hunter will ever need or use a rifle or a shotgun,but having a handgun can be a lifesaver at times.

People tend to spend their money on tools they might need.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2022, 02:14:43 pm »
@Elderberry

Not so sure I am buying that. Sure,there are some Dims that live in rural areas,but they are a minority except maybe states like farm states,where farmers tend to own a rifle or a shotgun to put down sick animals or pests. I live in a rural area,and everybody I know has a rifle,shotgun,or both at home,and damn few of them have a handgun,or even want a handgun. The last "armed robbery" around here happened on the 32nd of Never.

I do know a couple of grocery store owners that routinely carried a 38 in their pants pockets in case someone DID try to rob them,though. AFAIK,nobody ever tried.

Limit the discussion to handguns,and that percentage takes a drastic drop. Most rural people feel no need for self-defense using a concealable weapon when going to a movie  or shopping,and at home they have their shotgun or rifle if they need a weapon.

Move to a city,and the reverse is true. Nobody that lives in a city and isn't a hunter will ever need or use a rifle or a shotgun,but having a handgun can be a lifesaver at times.

Well, of the gunowners I know, (western North Dakota) rifles rule to be certain, for shooting varmints, hunting, or just for fun.
Don't neglect the 'fun factor', though, because there are a lot of handguns here, for everything from target shooting to even sitting back and picking off varmints (more of a challenge).
I know guys who see a rifle as the go-to defense weapon, but shoot three-gun and competitive pistol for fun.
If they only owned one gun, it'd most likely be a rifle (they can buy that first one at 18, but can't buy a handgun until they turn 21). But guns are like potato chips, you can't have just one...
There are not many here who don't own both, and a shotgun or three, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2022, 03:00:06 pm »
Well, of the gunowners I know, (western North Dakota) rifles rule to be certain, for shooting varmints, hunting, or just for fun.
Don't neglect the 'fun factor', though, because there are a lot of handguns here, for everything from target shooting to even sitting back and picking off varmints (more of a challenge).
I know guys who see a rifle as the go-to defense weapon, but shoot three-gun and competitive pistol for fun.
If they only owned one gun, it'd most likely be a rifle (they can buy that first one at 18, but can't buy a handgun until they turn 21). But guns are like potato chips, you can't have just one...
There are not many here who don't own both, and a shotgun or three, too.

@Smokin Joe

I have lived in rural areas in several states,and it has been MY experience that handguns are pretty rare,but what is even rarer is going into a home and not seeing a rifle,a shotgun,or both propped up in corners.

I am not saying no one in a rural area owns or shoots a handgun,but it is either rare,or they don't choose to talk about or show them for some reason. I have even heard the old-timers back in the 50's and 60's saying "Only criminals own handguns."

Of course,back then you could walk down the road in a rural area and see someone walking along carrying a rifle or shotgun,and didn't think anything about it.

Not to mention rifle racks with loaded rifles and shotguns in them being parked outside of stores while the owners were inside shopping. And,now that I think about it,I can't remember a single instance of a firearm being stolen from a rifle rack in a pu.

Guess what will happen to you if you drive around in a city today with a loaded rifle or shotgun in a rifle rack in your pu.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2022, 03:05:30 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I have lived in rural areas in several states,and it has been MY experience that handguns are pretty rare,but what is even rarer is going into a home and not seeing a rifle,a shotgun,or both propped up in corners.

I am not saying no one in a rural area owns or shoots a handgun,but it is either rare,or they don't choose to talk about or show them for some reason. I have even heard the old-timers back in the 50's and 60's saying "Only criminals own handguns."

Of course,back then you could walk down the road in a rural area and see someone walking along carrying a rifle or shotgun,and didn't think anything about it.

Not to mention rifle racks with loaded rifles and shotguns in them being parked outside of stores while the owners were inside shopping. And,now that I think about it,I can't remember a single instance of a firearm being stolen from a rifle rack in a pu.

Guess what will happen to you if you drive around in a city today with a loaded rifle or shotgun in a rifle rack in your pu.
Yeah, we used to see a display rivaling any gun shop in the back windows at the High School...pistols are kept concealed, for the most part, and you won't see the rifles at the High School any more either.

Pistols aren't as obvious, but I just about guarantee they are there. I know my folks had one when I was a kid, but it was seldom seen. Too easy for a kid to wave around and hurt someone, so they were out of sight.

In my house, you might see a long gun or two, but if you see a pistol, either I'm showing it to you or you are in trouble.

They just aren't as obvious as grand dad's squirrel gun or the flintlock over the mantle.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2022, 04:59:30 pm »
When I got the sticker for my truck so I could drive onto the NASA Johnson Space Center site, I looked all over the driving rules and it had nothing about weapons. So I left my shotgun in my truck. Years later I saw they put a billboard sized sign at the main gate entrance stating No Firearms Allowed. Some yayhoo musta left his rifle in his Easy Rider Rifle Rack. I still left my shotgun in my truck. They did random vehicle inspections, but I never got one and I worked there 30 yrs.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2022, 05:01:13 pm »
In the United States in 2021, 50 percent of Republicans reported that they owned at least one gun, and 61 percent said that they lived in a household with a gun. In comparison, only 21 percent of Democrats owned at least one gun, and 31 percent lived a gun household.

All this sentence does is reinforce what I already knew...democrats are damn liars!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2022, 05:29:47 pm »
@Elderberry

Speak for yourself @sneakypete

I am pretty rural...
I have more than one hand gun, and never ever go into the brush without one.
I don't know of anyone I know that doesn't own a hand gun of some kind (males anyway).

Of course, everyone I know has long guns and shotguns too - That goes without saying.
But that pistol is an EDC in the woods.
And I sleep with it right next to me too.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 05:30:37 pm by roamer_1 »