Author Topic: It isn’t ‘fringe left’ hurting Democrats — the fringe IS the Dems  (Read 131 times)

Offline Kamaji

It isn’t ‘fringe left’ hurting Democrats — the fringe IS the Dems

By Kyle Smith
March 23, 2022

Democratic pundits, worried about the midterms and Joe Biden’s terrible approval ratings, are sounding the alarm: That dastardly “fringe” is hurting the party.

“This whole noisy, identity left” composing “15% of the party” has taken over (James Carville). “The Democrats have to step away from the super wokeness” (MSNBC host Donny Deutsch).

But what’s the distinction between super wokeness and ordinary wokeness when the party’s oldest and most mainstream members are all pushing ideas that would have seemed outlandish in the Obama era?

Biden offered a Fed nominee who said she wanted to deny credit to the fossil fuel companies that power America, and tried to put an actual Marxist in charge of the currency. Only 10% of the senators in the party spoke out against this.

The party’s new legal superstar, Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson, can’t offer a definition of a woman because “I’m not a biologist”? Being moderately woke is like being moderately pregnant.

Democrats now view everything in terms of who’s being systematically oppressed. The reasonable view of racism is that there has always been racism in America. The woke translation is that America is defined by bigotry. From there you get to “I have no idea how to distinguish a woman” in about three intellectual moves.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/03/23/the-fringe-left-isnt-hurting-dems-the-dems-are-the-fringe/

Offline LMAO

There are still some old timers around here who still think the Democratic Party  is  Hubert Humphrey or Jim Oberstar. But if you sit and talk to  them, they sound like conservative Republicans so I don’t know if they’re voting Democrat because they voted Democrat for so long that it’s just a habit or if they don’t believe that the Democratic Party is truly the party of AOC and Omar
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

They support getting tough on crime, they support mining and drilling for oil, they oppose defunding police departments, they oppose gun control, they believe there’s only two genders, they don’t get into all this racial systemic racist crap…

Yet they pull that D lever
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

They support getting tough on crime, they support mining and drilling for oil, they oppose defunding police departments, they oppose gun control, they believe there’s only two genders, they don’t get into all this racial systemic racist crap…

Yet they pull that D lever

Habit is a heavy task-master.

Offline LMAO

Habit is a heavy task-master.

It took my parents a long time to break from the Democratic Party. My father-in-law still pulls that D lever for the Democrats and then he complains about their positions.

Barry Goldwater

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO:
"There are still some old timers around here who still think the Democratic Party  is  Hubert Humphrey or Jim Oberstar. But if you sit and talk to  them, they sound like conservative Republicans so I don’t know if they’re voting Democrat because they voted Democrat for so long that it’s just a habit or if they don’t believe that the Democratic Party is truly the party of AOC and Omar"

There's no way to reach these "dem 'til death" types.
They won't -- they can't -- change.
They can't be swayed by reason.
They can't be swayed by what they see with their own eyes.
Fuhrgeddabout 'em.