Author Topic: New Poll on the Supreme Court Confirms Americans Are Absolute Dummies  (Read 184 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Poll on the Supreme Court Confirms Americans Are Absolute Dummies
By Andrew Malcolm | Mar 22, 2022 9:00 AM ET

With a Senate hearing underway to consider confirming a new justice, that national treasure C-SPAN has commissioned another one of its timely polls on the Supreme Court.

The results are disheartening.

The verdict confirms that the nation’s education system needs to rethink its civics instruction or even bring it back. Because these schools have turned out a couple generations of clueless clods who are still perversely eligible to vote.

Here’s a sampling of the results from 1,011 Likely Voters, many of whom shouldn’t be allowed to:

44 percent of the voters don’t know that the three branches of government are co-equal. (In case you’re one of those people, the branches are the Executive, the Legislative, and the Judicial.)

Of the 44 percent who believe the branches are not equal, half (51 percent) think the Executive has the most power, a quarter (26 percent) believe the Legislative has the most clout, and an ignorant 23 percent think it’s the Judiciary.

Nearly half (46 percent) say the Supreme Court is a partisan institution.

61 percent claim they are closely following Joe Biden’s Court nominee.

However, 72 percent of those same voters are lying. They have no idea who the nominee is up for the confirmation. (If you’re in that crowd, her name is Ketanji Brown Jackson and the hearing continues today live on C-SPAN.)

Also, fully 85 percent are unaware that the nominee is a black female judge. Which means Joe Biden might not reap quite as much political credit as he figured when he simply ruled out all other kinds, colors, and genders of Americans in his secretive selection process.

58 percent of the voters think this Senate confirmation process is not an “effective and fair tool” for approving Court nominees or they have no idea about it.

In case you weren’t taught math well either, that means only 42 percent think the ongoing Senate confirmation is effective and fair.

Voters don’t really keep up much with Supreme Court outcomes either. The best-known decision, as you might imagine because it’s the only one liberal media ever talk about, was Roe vs Wade. That’s the one that found a right to abortion in the Constitution that took effect 234 years ago this June.

The historic and unanimous Brown vs Board of Education decision not so much. Only six percent knew about the 1954 ruling that found racial segregation in public schools violates the equal protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and, in effect, forced reform of public schools so people like Judge Jackson could attain a proper public education.

No one in the survey knows much about existing Court members. The best-known justice is Clarence Thomas (24 percent). He’s the black one. And then John Roberts (22 percent), the boss one who’s white, of course.

These Likely Voters may not know much of anything about the Supreme Court. But 84 percent say they are certain that its decisions affect their lives.

Of course, this could also mean either they think they’ll look smarter by lying. Or more likely, being American voters, they’re just too lazy to bother learning more about the institution.

The poll did offer a handful of hope. Nearly six-in-10 (59 percent) said the Court would be better if its members did not all come from the same law schools in the Northeast.

more
https://redstate.com/andrewmalcolm/2022/03/22/new-poll-on-the-supreme-court-confirms-americans-are-absolute-dummies-n539138
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: New Poll on the Supreme Court Confirms Americans Are Absolute Dummies
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 02:03:20 pm »
Do public schools still teach civics?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 02:42:26 pm »
“No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. “

Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, November 4, 1775

“Nothing is more certain than that a general profligacy and corruption of manners make a people ripe for destruction. A good form of government may hold the rotten materials together for some time, but beyond a certain pitch, even the best constitution will be ineffectual, and slavery must ensue.”

John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men, 1776
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 08:43:29 am »
I've known for decades our educational system is intentionally designed NOT TO TEACH A DAMN THING.

The young today know little to nothing on geography, history, math, and science.  They know how to play electronic games and they know how to use a cell phone.  Beyond that, utterly clueless.  This republic just does not survive much longer.

I believe a cataclysmic event between 2038 and 2050 happens that destroys 80 - 99% of the global population.  I believe this COVID pandemic was nothing more than a test to see how the world would respond.  The next pathogen or two will be far more virulent.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 10:53:06 am »

44 percent of the voters don’t know that the three branches of government are co-equal. (In case you’re one of those people, the branches are the Executive, the Legislative, and the Judicial.)

There are four branches, not three.  The educational brainwashing began long ago to push us to forget the most important branch of all - the very first one mentioned in our Constitution.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 02:25:34 pm »
I've known for decades our educational system is intentionally designed NOT TO TEACH A DAMN THING.

The young today know little to nothing on geography, history, math, and science.  They know how to play electronic games and they know how to use a cell phone.  Beyond that, utterly clueless.  This republic just does not survive much longer.

John Dewey and his followers in academia have done their work well but you are wrong about them not teaching anything.  They do their best to teach them to be perfect little Rosavin lemmings!

I believe a cataclysmic event between 2038 and 2050 happens that destroys 80 - 99% of the global population.  I believe this COVID pandemic was nothing more than a test to see how the world would respond.  The next pathogen or two will be far more virulent.

Not so sure that it will be that far in the future but otherwise agree.  @jafo2010

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 02:28:36 pm »
1,011 Likely Voters, many of whom shouldn’t be allowed to:

(Best summation of the poll and article)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 02:46:23 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien