Author Topic: Democrats plot to halt inflated gas prices by ... printing more money  (Read 142 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 23, 2022
Democrats plot to halt inflated gas prices by ... printing more money
By Monica Showalter

Democrats don't seem to ever learn Economics 101, do they?

That's obvious enough in their various bone-headed schemes to beat soaring gas prices at the pump by throwing new money at the problem.

Fox11 has the story:

One proposal comes from Reps. Mike Thompson of California, John Larson of Connecticut, and Lauren Underwood of Illinois.

The congressional lawmakers propose the Gas Rebate Act of 2022 where Americans would get an energy rebate of $100 per month (and $100 for each dependent) for the rest of 2022 in any month where the national average gas prices exceed $4.00 per gallon.

"Americans are feeling the impact at the pump of Vladimir Putin’s illegal invasion of Ukraine, and right now we must work together on commonsense policy solutions to ease the financial burden that my constituents are feeling," Thompson said in a news release. "The Putin Price Hike is putting strain on our economy, and I am proud to be working with Reps. Larson and Underwood to introduce this legislation to provide middle-class Americans with monthly payments to ease the financial burden of this global crises."

The rebate follows the same phaseout as the most recent Economic Impact Payments (EIPs) where $100 will be given for single filers earning less than $75,000 and phased out to $80,000. The other part includes $100 for joint filers more than $150,000 and phased out at $160,000.

Ah. Putin did it. As if the inflated prices of fuel at the pump didn't start until Putin went medieval on Ukraine. Powerful guy, that Putin, commanding all those energy prices.

The logic of this bad idea is that gas prices can be treated with COVID-style stimulus checks -- everyone gets one, and the Fed can print up another batch of cash to take care of the payouts.

What's wrong with this picture?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/03/democrats_plot_to_halt_inflated_gas_prices_by__printing_more_money.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Democrats plot to halt inflated gas prices by ... printing more money
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 01:51:32 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 02:02:54 pm »
:facepalm2:

You’re too kind

That deserves not just one face palm but…

:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :dighole:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 02:07:08 pm »
You’re too kind

That deserves not just one face palm but…

:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :dighole:

True dat!

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 02:34:00 pm »
Econ 101? 

Can even one of them even balance a checkbook?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 02:44:47 pm »
This says the Dems aren't willing to consider increasing US domestic energy production.

It's just an attempted bribe to keep their Green New Deal agenda alive through the 2022 midterms.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 02:49:09 pm »
This says the Dems aren't willing to consider increasing US domestic energy production.

It's just an attempted bribe to keep their Green New Deal agenda alive through the 2022 midterms.

Which in poker terms is like trying to draw a closed end straight on the River.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.