Author Topic: Joe Biden, Ukraine, and a Reign of Error  (Read 66 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden, Ukraine, and a Reign of Error
« on: March 23, 2022, 01:48:03 pm »
March 23, 2022
Joe Biden, Ukraine, and a Reign of Error
By Doris O'Brien

Several decades ago, my then-elderly mother was mugged in a New York City subway station.  She was knocked to the hard ground by a male stranger, who ran off with her purse.  According to reports, there were several other passengers on the platform, but none of them came to her aid.

Fortunately, my mother was not seriously hurt.  Her material loss included several valuable pieces of jewelry, which she had kept in a bank vault, aware of the possibility of their being stolen from her apartment.  Having retrieved and worn them over the weekend, she had put them in her purse and was on her way to returning them when she was mugged.

Such a brutal incident was not that unusual, even then.  And perhaps my mother might have felt relieved to emerge from it relatively unscathed.  There have always been bad actors taking advantage of the vulnerable.  And in a burgeoning society increasingly reluctant to "get involved" with strangers, the job of the evildoer is facilitated.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/03/joe_biden_ukraine_and_a_reign_of_error.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: Joe Biden, Ukraine, and a Reign of Error
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 01:57:55 pm »
This senseless subway incident roars back at me whenever — like an idle bystander — I observe on TV the horror in Ukraine.  As the outrageous war images multiply, I feel as conflicted as the shocked passengers on the subway platform — mindful of the right thing to do yet minding my own business, because, quite frankly, that is of greater immediate concern.

But the most difficult question for any onlooker, no matter how concerned, is what level of intervention is appropriate, and what are the consequences of that intervention.

In the case of a subway mugging, it's usually pretty easy to answer that question, the only problem is that it's often over before most people can overcome their deer-in-the-headlights moment, which causes almost everyone to pause while they digest what's going on.

In the case of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, it's not quite so easy.  Certain levels of intervention seem pretty easy - send them javelin and stinger missiles and arms and ammunition - others not so easy, and still others prohibitively impossible - U.S. aircraft enforcing a no-fly zone over Ukraine territory, particularly in the East.