Author Topic: R-E-S-P-E-C-T: Find Out What It Means To Me  (Read 91 times)

rebewranger

R-E-S-P-E-C-T: Find Out What It Means To Me
« on: March 23, 2022, 09:56:54 am »
R-E-S-P-E-C-T: Find Out What It Means To Me
By Captain John P. Cordle, U.S. Navy (Retired) | March 22, 2022

If you can read those words without hearing the voice of Aretha Franklin, you are a better person than I. Then, as now, this word has special meaning and comes into sharp focus for some during Black History Month. The word itself reaches far beyond this singular area of inclusion; in fact it extends to the entire force in terms of race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation.

In January 2021, Task Force One Navy (TF1N) submitted its final report to the Secretary of the Navy and made a recommendation to add “Respect” to Navy and Marine Corps Core Values. The rationale was that it directly addresses issues highlighted by the task force and aligns with the Chief of Naval Operations’ (CNO’s) message on Signature Behaviors. One year has passed; why has it not been added?

Let’s try a short “thought inversion” exercise: Turn Aretha’s song on its head and consider a few behaviors that do not belong in an organization that values respect as a core value for its members:

https://blog.usni.org/posts/2022/03/22/r-e-s-p-e-c-t-find-out-what-it-means-to-me

rebewranger

Re: R-E-S-P-E-C-T: Find Out What It Means To Me
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 09:59:34 am »
One of the most "respectful" things I have seen the  military do in my 70 plus years is to conduct a witch hunt to purge the military of white, conservative, patriotic members. ****slapping