Author Topic: Congresswoman Palin? Former Alaska governor says she would run for Congress ‘in a heartbeat’ if aske  (Read 494 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Congresswoman Palin? Former Alaska governor says she would run for Congress ‘in a heartbeat’ if asked to run for open seat

Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and 2008 vice presidential candidate, could be headed to Congress.

Don Young, Alaska’s at-large congressman, passed away Friday at age 88.

Young, a Republican, was the longest-serving member of Congress. He was elected 25 times and served nearly 50 years in Congress. Young was running for re-election at the time of his passing.

"It’s with heavy hearts and deep sadness that we announce Congressman Don Young, the Dean of the House and revered champion for Alaska, passed away today while traveling home to Alaska to be with the state and people that he loved," Young’s office said in a statement. "His beloved wife Anne was by his side."

"Oh my goodness, think of those huge shoes that are to be filled when we consider Don Young’s longevity and his passion, his love, his fighting spirit for our wonderful state of Alaska, and for the nation as a whole," Palin said............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/palin-run-for-congress-open-seat
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline The_Reader_David

If she can give up the folksy reality-show schtick she's developed since McCain thrust her onto the national stage when having an oil-state governor on the ticket seemed like a good idea, and go back to being the corruption-fighting political outsider she was when she was elected Governor of Alaska, she'd be an asset to the GOP caucus.  If she stays as she is, the Alaskan GOP should find someone else.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online roamer_1

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
A NeverTrumper that fought hard to get us biden, says Hell NO, soooo. shall do we stay the course of the NeverTrumpers and continue as playing the, i bawl daily game, and deny deny deny of course!
What say you? Sometimes roamers politics so closely mimic views so closely fit with Nancy Pelosi's politics.
Are you actually a democrat big wig roamer?  Or that fanatical nut i used to go to and fro on the Coulter site from England?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 03:19:17 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online roamer_1

A NeverTrumper that fought hard to get us biden, says Hell NO, soooo. shall do we stay the course of the NeverTrumpers and continue as playing the, i bawl daily game, and deny deny deny of course!
What say you?

Right... Just like Tumpy, wherever she goes, people spend more money. From the Wasilla gym club to Her hideous retroactive windfall profits tax.

Of course, folks that have no idea about fiscal conservatism probably don't understand why windfall profits taxes have ALWAYS been opposed by Conservatives. As have been retroactive taxes.

Math is hard, right?

Offline LMAO

What say you? Sometimes roamers politics so closely mimic views so closely fit with Nancy Pelosi's politics.
Are you actually a democrat big wig roamer?  Or that fanatical nut i used to go to and fro on the Coulter site from England?

I don’t know if you were born then but go read what windfalls profit tax on oil did when inacted in 1979 or 1980

What would Palin’s position be on that should she get elected? It’s a fair question to ask

Of course, that would be up to the people of Alaska and they’ll be worse people in Congress that her. Don Young’s seat is a safe GOP seat anyways, especially this year
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 12:34:24 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Off topic........or not. It seems that there is a eddy current of TOS pushing here with some Briefers. Often I see where instead of debate of ideas there is simply attacks against other Briefers, instead of thoughtful exchange of ideas and reasoning there are instead epithets and accusations. I left TOS because of that and here we are with some that want it here. You don't think the way I do so you are just like my enemy, not let's agree to disagree but attack the person instead of the idea. Seems to me you only do that if you can't support your position. :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just...no.  We don't need more McCainiacs in Congress.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Off topic........or not. It seems that there is a eddy current of TOS pushing here with some Briefers. Often I see where instead of debate of ideas there is simply attacks against other Briefers, instead of thoughtful exchange of ideas and reasoning there are instead epithets and accusations. I left TOS because of that and here we are with some that want it here. You don't think the way I do so you are just like my enemy, not let's agree to disagree but attack the person instead of the idea. Seems to me you only do that if you can't support your position. :shrug:

It doesn't help that a skirmish over Ukraine has broken out.  It's as bad as the Trump Wars.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LottieDah

TOS has become an "echo chamber".  Civil discourse is anathema to some of its denizens. 

Offline LMAO

Which ones?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Palin had her 15 minutes of fame with McCain and the Tea Party.

The only opinions that matter are those of Alaska voters.

The GOP needs to develop a brand that appeals to the silent majority.

- no amnesty for illegal immigrants
- Federal payroll income tax reduction for paycheck earners
- parental control of education
- Make It In America: Reduce prices via increasing supplies and prioritizing domestic supply chain sources
- Fund the police, prosecute crime
- America leads the world from the front with strength
- Common sense, achievable solutions to real problems that exist here and now
- return to Federal fiscal sanity
- manned mission to Mars to maintain technological lead in space and to seed future R&D in America
- trust bust to deconsolidate media and communications industries
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright