Author Topic: FNC’s Carlson: Everyone Is ‘Lying’ — Ukraine Is Not a Democracy  (Read 1121 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Should be required listening for every open minded Briefer. 

Zellensky fan boys need not watch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Tucker made some good points last night. Acknowledging that Zelenskyy isn't the Second Coming is not an expression of support for Russia. It's just the truth.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Tucker made some good points last night. Acknowledging that Zelenskyy isn't the Second Coming is not an expression of support for Russia. It's just the truth.

Saying that Ukraine is not a democracy is not simply denying that Zelenskyy is the Second Coming; it's justifying the Russian invasion on a moral basis (or, more precisely, it's providing a moral "out" for those people who, for whatever reason, want Russia to win).

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Zelensky just shut down all opposition political parties in a complete dictatorhip move. That and all the corruption doesn't make me want to particularly get in bed with Ukraine.

I have no problem helping them with weapons and even training, but that's as far as it goes for me.

This is Europe's and NATO's problem, pure and simple.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Saying that Ukraine is not a democracy is not simply denying that Zelenskyy is the Second Coming; it's justifying the Russian invasion on a moral basis (or, more precisely, it's providing a moral "out" for those people who, for whatever reason, want Russia to win).
Not at all. Russia bad. Ukraine corrupt. Doesn't mean one should invade the other, and that's not at all what Tucker said, either. In fact, he's said Russia's actions are horrible and inexcusable. I'm not justifying Russia's invasion, and neither did Tucker.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Zelensky just shut down all opposition political parties in a complete dictatorhip move. That and all the corruption doesn't make me want to particularly get in bed with Ukraine.

I have no problem helping them with weapons and even training, but that's as far as it goes for me.

This is Europe's and NATO's problem, pure and simple.

That all depends on the details.  Lincoln suspended the Writ of Habeas Corpus during the Civil War in part so he could suppress dissent.  Does that mean the U.S. is no longer a democracy?

As far as limiting assistance to the provision of weapons - I'm fine with that.  Anything else would be a direct military conflict between the U.S. and Russia.

Offline Kamaji

Not at all. Russia bad. Ukraine corrupt. Doesn't mean one should invade the other, and that's not at all what Tucker said, either. In fact, he's said Russia's actions are horrible and inexcusable. I'm not justifying Russia's invasion, and neither did Tucker.

So the title of the thread itself is misleading?

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

Exactly right. There is just as much pro-Russia propaganda going around as there is pro-Ukrainian propaganda. And I really don't understand it, because Russia is even less of a "democracy" than Ukraine is. But for some reason, only Ukraine is getting criticized by these so-called "America First!" people on the right. It makes me wonder what they really support...
Let it burn.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

No, that is utter deflection.  TC, and all of us in fact continually condemn Russia's actions  Zellinsky is a dictator, and we need to adjust our policy and support accordingly in a manner that supports the Ukranian citizen army, and SHUNS the Ukranian government.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Re: FNC’s Carlson: Everyone Is ‘Lying’ — Ukraine Is Not a Democracy
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2022, 04:02:23 pm »
Exactly right. There is just as much pro-Russia propaganda going around as there is pro-Ukrainian propaganda. And I really don't understand it, because Russia is even less of a "democracy" than Ukraine is. But for some reason, only Ukraine is getting criticized by these so-called "America First!" people on the right. It makes me wonder what they really support...

Russian Government - No
Ukranian Government - No
Urkranian citizens- Yes

Is that too hard?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2022, 04:03:31 pm »
No, that is utter deflection.  TC, and all of us in fact continually condemn Russia's actions  Zellinsky is a dictator, and we need to adjust our policy and support accordingly in a manner that supports the Ukranian citizen army, and SHUNS the Ukranian government.

:silly:

A dictator?  Really?  He won an election in 2019.  Temporarily shutting down opposition parties at this juncture is no more dictatorial than Lincoln's suspension of the Great Writ, in part for the purpose of suppressing political dissent during the Civil War.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2022, 04:08:59 pm »

A dictator?  Really?  He won an election in 2019.  Temporarily shutting down opposition parties at this juncture is no more dictatorial than Lincoln's suspension of the Great Writ, in part for the purpose of suppressing political dissent during the Civil War.

I guess you missed the part about eliminating opposing political parties, and consolidating all media reporting into one centralized pro-government outlet.   That's a dictator in my eyes.

And the U.S. civil war?  I could go 50-100 posts on that matter alone, and prove exactly that Lincoln functioned as a dictator. In fact you pretty well stated it yourself in your post.  And as a southerner, and a staunch defender of my non-slave owning ancestors, You can understand I am not one of his biggest fans.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2022, 04:13:12 pm »
Russian Government - No
Ukranian Government - No
Urkranian citizens- Yes

Is that too hard?

Exactly...like I said last night my ONLY concern is the slaughter of the Ukrainian people....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 04:31:21 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2022, 04:14:19 pm »
I guess you missed the part about eliminating opposing political parties, and consolidating all media reporting into one centralized pro-government outlet.   That's a dictator in my eyes.

And the U.S. civil war?  I could go 50-100 posts on that matter alone, and prove exactly that Lincoln functioned as a dictator. In fact you pretty well stated it yourself in your post.  And as a southerner, and a staunch defender of my non-slave owning ancestors, You can understand I am not one of his biggest fans.

Then the U.S. must be a dictatorship, too, because Lincoln also suppressed political dissent during the Civil War.  And yet, somehow, that dictatorship dissolved just in time for Donald Trump to be elected president.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2022, 04:15:10 pm »
God forbid some of you folks ever get on a jury hearing a rape case.  Judge Jackson would be tickled pink.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2022, 04:17:13 pm »

Then the U.S. must be a dictatorship, too, because Lincoln also suppressed political dissent during the Civil War.  And yet, somehow, that dictatorship dissolved just in time for Donald Trump to be elected president.

You do realize that makes no sense what-so-ever?

But you are a nice guy, so .........

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2022, 04:17:56 pm »
You do realize that makes no sense what-so-ever?

But you are a nice guy, so .........

Aww, gee.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2022, 04:18:49 pm »
God forbid some of you folks ever get on a jury hearing a rape case.  Judge Jackson would be tickled pink.

I thought we were talking about Tucker Carlson, Zellinsky, and Ukraine?

Is a thread misfire, or just what are you alluding to?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2022, 04:23:59 pm »

Suspending habeus corpus is merely putting the court system on hold for criminal offenders. It's effect on speech is indirect. Lincoln did not go the extra steps of directly shutting down opposition parties or consolidating media under the govt banner. They still had elections and they still had the press.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 04:25:14 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2022, 04:26:10 pm »
Suspending habeus corpus is merely putting the court system on hold for the crimes of war offenders. Lincoln did not go the extra steps of shutting down opposition parties or consolidating media under the govt banner. They still had elections and they still had the press.

Excellent point.  If Lincoln had truly squelched the oppositon his democratic opponent in the 1864 race would have gotten 0% instead of 45%.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2022, 04:26:50 pm »

So, it's perfectly OK for presidents to walk all over the constitution if conditions are right?  @Kamaji
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2022, 04:31:22 pm »
Tucker's tie has the Soviet Union flag's colors:

Is this a KGB/FSB subliminal message or a slip of his subconscious?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2022, 04:32:08 pm »
Suspending habeus corpus is merely putting the court system on hold for criminal offenders. It's effect on speech is indirect. Lincoln did not go the extra steps of directly shutting down opposition parties or consolidating media under the govt banner. They still had elections and they still had the press.

Like hell he didn't! Just ask the owners of the hundreds of newspapers he had destroyed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2022, 04:32:42 pm »
Tucker's tie has the Soviet Union flag's colors:

Is this a KGB/FSB subliminal message or a slip of his subconscious?