Author Topic: What does Our Lady of Fátima have to do with Russia and Ukraine?  (Read 415 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What does Our Lady of Fátima have to do with Russia and Ukraine?
Jane Sloan Peters

It turns out moving your thumb along a decade of rosary beads feels a lot like scrolling through a news feed. I have discovered this as I reach more and more for my rosary these days, amid the flood of horrific images and stories of Russia’s onslaught in Ukraine—most recently, the bombing of a maternity hospital in Mariupol.

Each day’s news brings fresh feelings of incredulity, anger and helplessness that gnaw at me long after I set down my phone and tend to my two young sons. I have found that praying the rosary gives somewhere for my anxiety to spill over. Even if I can’t focus on the mysteries, the act of running my thumb and forefinger from one cool, jade bead to another channels my ruminations. The repetitive prayers have sometimes felt like mindless chatter—but amid current events, the simplicity and predictability of the rosary is soothing.

more
https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2022/03/15/ukraine-russia-rosary-fatima-war-242596
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

Re: What does Our Lady of Fátima have to do with Russia and Ukraine?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 06:46:29 pm »
What does Our Lady of Fátima have to do with Russia and Ukraine?
Jane Sloan Peters

It turns out moving your thumb along a decade of rosary beads feels a lot like scrolling through a news feed. I have discovered this as I reach more and more for my rosary these days, amid the flood of horrific images and stories of Russia’s onslaught in Ukraine—most recently, the bombing of a maternity hospital in Mariupol.

Each day’s news brings fresh feelings of incredulity, anger and helplessness that gnaw at me long after I set down my phone and tend to my two young sons. I have found that praying the rosary gives somewhere for my anxiety to spill over. Even if I can’t focus on the mysteries, the act of running my thumb and forefinger from one cool, jade bead to another channels my ruminations. The repetitive prayers have sometimes felt like mindless chatter—but amid current events, the simplicity and predictability of the rosary is soothing.

more
https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2022/03/15/ukraine-russia-rosary-fatima-war-242596
Used to do the rosary a couple of times a week, since my daughter has been deployed it is a least once a day, and if I have time I throw in a Divine mercy chaplet. Don't know for certan that it is doing any good, but It puts my heart at ease.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.