Author Topic: Ukrainian Refugee, 14, Reaches U.S. After Fleeing Nation Alone  (Read 140 times)

rebewranger

Ukrainian Refugee, 14, Reaches U.S. After Fleeing Nation Alone
BY ZOE STROZEWSKI ON 3/21/22 AT 10:21 AM EDT

A14-year-old Ukrainian boy recently arrived in the U.S. after fleeing the country alone following Russia's invasion late last month.

Illia Ishchenko-Leshchynskyl is now staying with his aunt in Southern California, and has been there for a little more than a week, KABC-TV reported. He told the station that his trip lasted three days.

"This was so long and hard for me, but I'm here, and that's so good," he said.

The Russia-Ukraine war has caused 10 million people to flee Ukraine in the weeks since Russia launched its attack, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Filippo Grandi said in a Twitter post Sunday. Of those, more than 1.5 million children have fled since the start of the invasion,

https://www.newsweek.com/ukrainian-refugee-14-reaches-us-after-fleeing-nation-alone-1690019

rebewranger

Re: Ukrainian Refugee, 14, Reaches U.S. After Fleeing Nation Alone
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 04:39:13 pm »
The thing that first popped into my mind when I saw this headline was "we haven't heard much from his komradness, the Pope.  I'm wondering if it has to do with Russia being the aggressor? :pondering:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 04:40:48 pm by rangerrebew »