Author Topic: BONKERS: The Atlantic Cries Nuclear War Is a ‘Climate Problem’  (Read 110 times)

rebewranger

BONKERS: The Atlantic Cries Nuclear War Is a ‘Climate Problem’
Joseph Vazquez
March 16th, 2022 5:00 PM

A deranged Atlantic article argued that when talking about nuclear war’s likely catastrophic death toll, one should also address how it would “wreck” the climate.

The Atlantic had the audacity to publish an eco-extremist piece posing as serious scholarship: “On Top of Everything Else, Nuclear War Would Be a Climate Problem.” The piece, written by Atlantic staff writer Robinson Meyer, pontificated to readers: “If you are worried about rapid, catastrophic changes to the planet’s climate, then you must be worried about nuclear war.”

It got worse as Meyer tried to put climate politics on the same level as mass slaughter: “On top of killing tens of millions of people, even a relatively ‘minor’ exchange of nuclear weapons would wreck the planet’s climate in enormous and long-lasting ways.” Hoover Institution senior fellow Bjorn Lomborg had a one-liner response to Meyer’s absurdity during a March 15 segment on Fox and Friends, calling the article’s premise "out of whack with reality.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2022/03/16/bonkers-the-atlantic-cries-nuclear-war-climate-problem

rebewranger

Re: BONKERS: The Atlantic Cries Nuclear War Is a ‘Climate Problem’
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 04:05:42 pm »
These asshats throw around the term nuclear was like it's nothing more than more bad weather when it's actually a scare tactic.  I remember nuclear attack drills in school where we were told to get under our desks if a  big one went off.  It wasn't like the nukes were 4-5,000 miles away, they were in Cuba, only 70 miles away.  I didn't  take the nuke threat as a joke in the 60s and I don't take it as a joke now.  People who talk about nukes and "climate change" are engaging in child abuse, nothing more. :im waiting: