Author Topic: Ted Cruz: More Republicans Were Considering Voting for KBJ Confirmation than Did  (Read 385 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz: More Republicans Were Considering Voting for KBJ Confirmation than Did

Jacob Bliss 8 Apr 2022

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) claimed that more Senate Republicans would have voted to confirm Ketanji Brown Jackson’s nomination to the Supreme Court than did if her sentencing history had not been brought to light.

Cruz, speaking on the most recent episode of his Verdict podcast, said that besides the three Republican senators — Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and Mitt Romney (R-UT) — who voted for Jackson, more would have voted for her if her sentencing history was not exposed.

“I think we easily could have seen five or ten Republicans vote for her, and I think the work that a handful of us did on the Senate Judiciary Committee laying out her record,” he acknowledged. “Cause several of the people who would have been wobbling who would have wanted to vote for because they would have wanted to get the praise for the press.”

He explained that during the Senate Republican lunches, there were “vigorous conversations” about Jackson. And during the lunches, some Republicans expressed interest in comparing Jackson’s sentences to other judges since “others depart below the sentencing guidelines.”

“I went back and did that research and the chart… I did in response to questions from fellow Republican senators,” he further explained. “And I’m not surprised at the outcomes because I read the transcripts of our sentencing,” acknowledging that “her record was so extreme.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/08/ted-cruz-more-republicans-considering-voting-kbj-confirmation-than-did/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

they would have wanted to get the praise for the press.

Vote'em out.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Wish he had named names....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis