Author Topic: Longest-serving US congressman Don Young dies aged 88 midair on flight from LA to Seattle: Republica  (Read 344 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Longest-serving US congressman Don Young dies aged 88 midair on flight from LA to Seattle: Republican Alaska representative served his state for 25 years and filed for reelection

The 88-year-old congressman died while traveling home to Alaska
    Young lost consciousness on a flight from Los Angeles to Seattle and could not be resuscitated
    'Don Young's legacy as a fighter for the state will live on, as will his fundamental goodness and honor,' his office said
    Young was the longest-serving member of the current U.S. Congress and represented Alaska for 25 terms
    Last year he filed to enter this November's election
    In Congress, he was known for directing billions of dollars of federal money to Alaska, the largest state in the country but with one of the smallest populations
     In late 2020, Young was diagnosed with COVID-19 after he had earlier ridiculed the disease as a 'beer virus'

By Reuters

Published: 22:00 EDT, 18 March 2022 | Updated: 05:07 EDT, 19 March 2022

Republican Representative Don Young, who was first elected to Congress in 1973 and was its longest-serving current member, died on Friday, his office said in a statement.

The 88-year-old congressman died while traveling home to Alaska, his office said.

'Don Young's legacy as a fighter for the state will live on, as will his fundamental goodness and honor. We will miss him dearly,' the statement said.

His office did not give the cause of death.

Jack Ferguson, who had served as Young's chief of staff, told the Anchorage Daily News that Young lost consciousness on a flight from Los Angeles to Seattle and could not be resuscitated.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10629701/U-S-congressman-Don-Young-died-Anchorage-Daily-News.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Last year he filed to enter this November's election
**nononono*

Tributes roll in: Conservative Brief.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 02:32:05 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not the 'Mile High" club he was looking for.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wingnut:
"Not the 'Mile High" club he was looking for."

Nelson Rockefeller went out with more style.

Really, why do we have 88-year-old Congressmen, especially ones who want to run for re-election?

One more example of why there should be a Constitutional amendment that establishes "age limits" for federal public offices, and age-based term limits for judges and Supreme Court Justices.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Wingnut:
"Not the 'Mile High" club he was looking for."

Nelson Rockefeller went out with more style.
Depends on which version you believe...I heard three different stories over the radio  in the first half-hour.
Really, why do we have 88-year-old Congressmen, especially ones who want to run for re-election?

One more example of why there should be a Constitutional amendment that establishes "age limits" for federal public offices, and age-based term limits for judges and Supreme Court Justices.

One of the symptoms of Beltway Fever is the belief that it is a fiefdom for life...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Depends on which version you believe...I heard three different stories over the radio  in the first half-hour.
One of the symptoms of Beltway Fever is the belief that it is a fiefdom for life...

How old was Sheets, Biden's buddy when he checked out?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

How old was Sheets, Biden's buddy when he checked out?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

This
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I wonder who is now the longest serving congressperson
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️